What Do You Do With Skin In PS?

@OGsPhotography I have LR and use it, but the layers options in PS are better for detailed edits. I've used a brush as well, except it doesn't maintain the skin texture like the FS technique does. Also on this photo the red blotches were limited to the cheeks. I found it easier to use a filter layer>color picker to select the color I didn't want>invert the color, then use a selection mask with feathered edge to limit the effect just to the cheek and opacity to control the intensity. One thing I think has made it harder for me to learn PS is the fact that there are many different ways to achieve the same result.

Oh oops, forgot you asked for Ps technique. Just open it in camera raw from Ps for the techniques I mentioned. No need to open Lr to do that.

Lots of different means to an end in Ps for sure! Thats the fun of it. Patch tool is pretty awesome too for editing cheeks.

I use frequency separation, it's the best method I know of,
To attend a ''glow'' skin, you need to play with your curve tool.
Work with lots of layers and lot of folders.

Portraiture (used lightly does work very well) but you're never gonna attend the same awsome result of editing manually.

why is baby now glowing? too much radiation?

Don't look behind the screen, nothing to see folks!!!! - LOL Part of it may be from a softening layer, and part of it is laziness on my part from not getting a clean edge when on the gradient layer. I was so fixated on the cheek that I didn't see the other till it was already posted.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back