What do you do with the pictures you like?

RebelTasha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've always had the photo's I like developed call me old fashioned but I don't feel like I have anything solid until they are in albums..
However this up to now other than my 35mm days are mainly all kid pictures.. Now I am taking pictures of other things to get a good feel for my camera I do have some I would like to keep.
I would love to make a wall out of them but alas our walls are very crumbly old plaster so I was thinking just blowing them all up 8x10 putting them in those plastic sleeves and then into a binder...

Any other suggestions?

I route my pc to show all my pix through my lcd television sets as a screen saver....

when guests come by they are always watching...

You can have some sort of book made from your pictures at some printers. I would like to do this with photos of each kid, have a book for each done up. Would be quite interesting.

Print them and put them in a binder. Printing all 8x10s would get quite expensive. Doing all 4x6 and into sleeves for a normal notebook binder would be a bit boring. It would be better to stick them in a regular photo album IMO. Though, if you do the 8x10, that would look nice sleeved off in a binder.

I just have mine all on the computer for now. I have just started printing some out at 4x6. It's expensive doing it at home with a printer. I have a few to finish preparing to send off for 8x10 prints that are going up on the wall. Most of my pictures are the kids with a few nice looking landscapes thrown in.

I put them on a private and secure web page for family members. I did pick up 3 small photoalbums at Costco for $19 and think that I will just print out the ones that I really like in there... kind of like a collection of my personal bests and see how they improve over time. :)

I do several things with my pictures:

1: I print my best pics out via a UK online service called Bonusprint - I can get 100 5" x 7" prints for £10.00, including postage (to the UK) (but there must be equivalent services elsewhere) and I keep them in a wooden photo box that I can flick through like a filing system. I find albums just too space-intensive.

2: I blow up and frame my very favourite shots, and often randomly give them to friends, especially if there is a special connection.

3: A few times I have exhibited a set of pics, e.g. travel photographs of a trip to North Korea, photojournalism-style shots from living in China. You'd be surprised how easy it can be to get an informal exhibition in a bar, conference room, or public place such as a hospital or airport (I saw a great small exhibition in Philadelphia airport recently), just by asking, and I was lucky in my case that one time they (a corporate host) paid for the enlargements and framings themselves, and gave them to me afterwards...

4: I store my digital pics labelled and dated on multiple external hard drives, as to lose any of them would be terrible!!

I either print for display...

or

Create portfolios with some sort of theme.... I have a small bookshelf of my so called photo-books as my cousin puts it.

So far I just have a folder where I put all the good ones stored on my hard drive but I plan on getting them printed in 8x10's.

Post them on my website, sometimes also deviantart. From time to time I print some of my photos and stick them somewhere in my room.

Anything I'm particularly proud of I whack on my deviantart page just for the heck of it. The occasional positive comment and favourite is a bit of a confidence / ego boost :) I Keep saying I'm going to get printed copies of the ones on DA just to keep about the place, but haven't yet.

I like the idea of the 5X7's and the scrapbook too sounds good..
I will have to see what kind of a savings there are between 8x10 and 5x7.

Digital photo frame, perhaps...or what one gentlemen suggested, which is using your TV as a giant digital photo frame. They're a little expensive for what they are though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back