What Do You Do With Your Creations

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As a hobbyist I'm accumulating a lot of images that I'll probably never print but don't want to dispose of either. What do others do with their images? Slideshows.? Digital frames?

I think it depends on who is going to view them. I have a digital frame that goes to the office, and the wife uses it now, but it is not exactly easy to use. The photos want to be a certain size, and the internal memory is not what it ought to be.

Showing your photos in a slide show seems like the thing to do, except some people will be bored with it unless you can keep it interesting.

I print some of my favorites and hang them in my own house. If any of them get stale, they get rotated out.

As a hobbyist I'm accumulating a lot of images that I'll probably never print but don't want to dispose of either. What do others do with their images? Slideshows.? Digital frames?

Facebook. I post in a group called Nebraska through the Lens. Other than that, I just buy another external hard drive for long term storage and call it good.

I sell 'em.

I found a local small craft store willing to sell my general images (8x10/12's mounted on 11x14 matte board) for $25 each.

Digital files are the equivalent of film negatives. I keep them. Storage is cheap.

Digital files are the equivalent of film negatives. I keep them. Storage is cheap.

Have ample storage for now between external drives and network drive. My question was more "display" oriented. After spending a considerable amount of time post processing it seems silly to tuck them away on a drive somewhere never to be seen again. I print the best of the best that get rotated out on the walls, and have created groups of images as screen saver files. Our smart tvs have the capability of running a slide show from a wireless connection to the hard drive, but if they're on they are usually tuned to a channel. I've tried digital frames but as another poster commented, they can be difficult.

Did you ever shoot film? Did you display every image or have photo albums on every table, end table etc.? We used to have a digital frame. When it died we didn't replace it. Why, we never looked at it after the first time the photos were loaded.

Photography is like Algebra, theres a lot in it that you will you never use.

Did you ever shoot film? Did you display every image or have photo albums on every table, end table etc

Yup, I have boxes of negatives, boxes of prints, stacks of albums, and stacks of slide carousels. Despite the advances we've made the only thing that's changed is the box we use for storage!

Did you ever shoot film? Did you display every image or have photo albums on every table, end table etc

Yup, I have boxes of negatives, boxes of prints, stacks of albums, and stacks of slide carousels. Despite the advances we've made the only thing that's changed is the box we use for storage!
Just as long as you don't pull out the slide projector and show us all your vacation photos from 1972 at Lake Wakawakawowwow. :biggrin-new:

Just as long as you don't pull out the slide projector and show us all your vacation photos from 1972 at Lake Wakawakawowwow. :biggrin-new:

I hated when people did that. LOL At least with slides though you had a "final review" when you loaded the carousels. When our first grandson was born digital had come of age. Our son being the techno geek had a ton of pictures during and after the birth. At a family gathering of all the Aunts, Uncles, cousins and grand parents he asked if we wanted to see a sideshow. He thought that he had sufficiently screened the photos. Unfortunately he had missed a couple. Shock turned to hilarious laughter, a daughter in law with a bright red face, and a son with several knots on his head when his wife finished with him.

I hated when people did that. LOL At least with slides though you had a "final review" when you loaded the carousels. When our first grandson was born digital had come of age. Our son being the techno geek had a ton of pictures during and after the birth. At a family gathering of all the Aunts, Uncles, cousins and grand parents he asked if we wanted to see a sideshow. He thought that he had sufficiently screened the photos. Unfortunately he had missed a couple. Shock turned to hilarious laughter, a daughter in law with a bright red face, and a son with several knots on his head when his wife finished with him.
Oh I know, and it seemed that the slide show always followed a meat loaf dinner.

Lots of external harddrives. Some nights I run a slideshow on my laptop connected to a projector that projects the images onto the side of my house for all the world to see

Most reactions

New Topics

Back