What do you do with your photos?

snoword

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Being new to photography I am curious as to what everyone does with their digital photos.

1) Do you print them, if so do you keep a photo album.

2) Only keep them online or on your computer.

3) Frame them for wall hanging.

Just curious because I am finding that there are a number of photos that I really like and not sure how to manage them.

I a sure some of you have unique ideas.

Thanks

We have many photo albums in which we keep our 4x6 and 4x5 prints. These are the ones I spend time finishing or are otherwise valuable (good snapshot, etc).

I make one set of prints in addition to the album to save somewhere reasonably safe.

Digitally, I keep everything -- DNG files off of the camera, even the 'throw aways'. Of the edits, I keep all of the PSDs and one (or more) tiff files in specific sizes and resolutions for printing, one very large jpeg and one jpeg that fits at or under 800 pixels at its widest size for posting to online places.

We pick and choose things to edit and process at sizes other than 4x6 or 4x5 and print those at the desired size. I have a large stacking of 5x7's and anything larger than that (6x9 up) gets mat boarded. I keep about half a dozen of my favorite photos at my desk at work, and about 10-15 around the house framed and hung at any one time. I use border-less frames so they're easy to swap pictures in and out of if I get tired of them.

Pretty much exactly what rufus said. Everything is backed up onto a portable, external hard-drive, and burned to DVD. The ones I really like are printed... not so much on albums though.

what type of photo albums do you use.

also where do you get your photo matted.

I use MPIX so I just have them matboard the photos when I order them.

As far as albums, because I keep 'good' or 'real' (depending on how you look at it) elsewhere and these get flipped through by everyone that comes over to the house, it's pretty much whatever happens to be on sale. :wink:

Great question, I too have wondered what everyone does with their pictures. I myself just keep them on the computer. If there is one I like I'll have it printed. If we go on a trip I'll back up the pictures on CD or DVD.

I keep all my photos. I am too lazy to delete all the bad ones. I keep them on my computer and on my website in albums. Most of the pictures on my website are not publically available. Especially the family shots.

Most reactions

Back