What do you fall asleep to?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by spiralout, Jun 13, 2005.

1. spiralout

spiralout TPF Noob!

I absolutely can't fall asleep without my ambient music, usually Aphex Twin. What do you guys listen to when you go to sleep?

2. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

The thoughts in my head :lol: Actually I typically watch tv while going to sleep...Letterman/Conan depending on the time I'm tired :)

3. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

portishead

pink floyd

radiohead

coldplay

4. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    For me it depends...I have a very hard time sleeping in silence, so ususally if I am at home, I fall asleep to the TV...I watch it til I start to feel tired, then I turn the volume really low, but not all the way down, and turn over and face that wall...so I have that noise, and my air conditioner or fan. I'm having to learn to adapt, though, because Erik prefers silence when he sleeps, and this summer, I've been spending more nights at his house than my own....thankfully it's been hot enough that I've been able to convince him to leave the central air on, so that helps...so I fall asleep to that, and his breathing.

5. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I used to listen to music when I fell asleep. Usually some kind of metal. :headbang: These days I listed to the crickets chirping, the neighbor's pit bull barking and the sweet sound of Malachite breathing. :lovey: He, on the other hand, gets to fall asleep to the sound of me snoring. :lol:

6. Chase

Chase I am now benign! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I fall asleep to my pillow....zzzZzZzZzZzZzZZzzzzzzzzz

7. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

Anything. It depends what mood I'm in but it will always be something fast and with a beat. I don't always need music. Yesterday I went out for a 8 mile bike ride, walked the dogs for around 10 or so miles and hadn't eaten a lot so didn't need anything to help me sleep. Sometimes alcohol helps as well.

8. Xmetal

Xmetal TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I usually just doze off to whatever is playing at the time. :)

9. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    I cannot fall asleep when listening to the radio or music!!! I need silence :) Ok... rarely do I watch tv in my bed, but then I turn it down and rapidly fall asleep :)
    and... sometimes I'm listening to the clock's ticking

10. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

I have to have silence as well, but I listen to the music before. I've never really been able to sleep with noise going on. Just like I can't fall asleep during the day unless I'm really tired, unwell or F1 is on. Something about F1 sends me t othe land of Nod almost every time.
    We had a cat scarer outside, the ones which scare cats away but human can't hear. I had to use earplugs. Maybe I have super ears or something?

But clocks ticking? That'd drive me mad if it was loud.

11. KevinR

KevinR TPF Noob!

The beating of my heart, and sometimes a fan. When I was younger, I use to have the radio on. I refuse to have a tv in the bedroom. I don't know why, but it bugs the crap out of me. My daughter uses a radio. She's 5. It's my fault though, I got her use to it.

12. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    When I was younger I always listened to music, but I don't anymore. Usually it's quiet and I just hear Aubrey's heart beating or slow breathing (well, unless Aubrey falls asleep first and then it's his snoring :D ). Lately it's been hot and rainy so we fall asleep to the rain and the sound of the fan. One of the best sounds to fall asleep to is your child's slow sweet breaths.