What do you fall asleep to?

The thoughts in my head :lol: Actually I typically watch tv while going to sleep...Letterman/Conan depending on the time I'm tired :)

For me it depends...I have a very hard time sleeping in silence, so ususally if I am at home, I fall asleep to the TV...I watch it til I start to feel tired, then I turn the volume really low, but not all the way down, and turn over and face that wall...so I have that noise, and my air conditioner or fan. I'm having to learn to adapt, though, because Erik prefers silence when he sleeps, and this summer, I've been spending more nights at his house than my own....thankfully it's been hot enough that I've been able to convince him to leave the central air on, so that helps...so I fall asleep to that, and his breathing.

I used to listen to music when I fell asleep. Usually some kind of metal. :headbang: These days I listed to the crickets chirping, the neighbor's pit bull barking and the sweet sound of Malachite breathing. :lovey: He, on the other hand, gets to fall asleep to the sound of me snoring. :lol:

Anything. It depends what mood I'm in but it will always be something fast and with a beat. I don't always need music. Yesterday I went out for a 8 mile bike ride, walked the dogs for around 10 or so miles and hadn't eaten a lot so didn't need anything to help me sleep. Sometimes alcohol helps as well.

I cannot fall asleep when listening to the radio or music!!! I need silence :) Ok... rarely do I watch tv in my bed, but then I turn it down and rapidly fall asleep :)
and... sometimes I'm listening to the clock's ticking

I have to have silence as well, but I listen to the music before. I've never really been able to sleep with noise going on. Just like I can't fall asleep during the day unless I'm really tired, unwell or F1 is on. Something about F1 sends me t othe land of Nod almost every time.
We had a cat scarer outside, the ones which scare cats away but human can't hear. I had to use earplugs. Maybe I have super ears or something?

But clocks ticking? That'd drive me mad if it was loud.

The beating of my heart, and sometimes a fan. When I was younger, I use to have the radio on. I refuse to have a tv in the bedroom. I don't know why, but it bugs the crap out of me. My daughter uses a radio. She's 5. It's my fault though, I got her use to it.

When I was younger I always listened to music, but I don't anymore. Usually it's quiet and I just hear Aubrey's heart beating or slow breathing (well, unless Aubrey falls asleep first and then it's his snoring :D ). Lately it's been hot and rainy so we fall asleep to the rain and the sound of the fan. One of the best sounds to fall asleep to is your child's slow sweet breaths.

I just want silence, and pitch dark. Although if it happens to be raining hard outside, that is a great feeling to fall asleep to. :)

I do like to take a nap on the couch with sports on TV, though. Baseball's good, but football's better....crowds are louder, I suppose.....zzzzzz...... ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back