What do you guys do to stay in shape?

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, with one of my new years resolutions being to drop the 40 pounds I've gained in the last year, I figured it would be fun to see what everyone on here does to stay in shape.

I'll start:
I used to race mountain bikes semi-professionally, but when I got tired of training I sold my bike and put the money into other hobbies. Used to train on my bike about 300-350 miles per week, along with light weight training. But I let myself go for the last 18 months or so and lost my endurance, along with packing on 40 pounds of fat.

So my new plan is to get a new bike for this summer and get into riding again. And since I HATE HATE HATE lifting weights and working out in a gym, I'm starting a new workout - I got an old tractor tire and a sledge hammer and put them in my garage. Gonna start beating the life out of a tire with a 16 pound hammer. Can't think of a better workout that uses the whole body and is fun. Blast some music and hit the tire for 15 minutes a day. It's something I can stick with, because it's actually fun.

Let's not mention my diet though... it's not good and I haven't gotten up the will power to fix it yet.

So.. What do you do to work out/stay in shape?

Go to the gym daily. One day is full weights/machines, cardio, and abs, and the next is abs and cardio. Repeat. I've found P90x to be a great system for working out.

4 miles a day every day, since I started 18 months ago I haven't missed a day. If weather permitting Ill go outside if not its done on my treadmill, in front of my screen watching something.

I don't look like I'm in shape but I've got stamina like a mofo.

Also will ride road bikes when weather is above 50 degrees and not 20+ MPH winds.

Any type of cardio will help, including augmenting your diet to reduce the amount of fat.

Go to the gym daily. One day is full weights/machines, cardio, and abs, and the next is abs and cardio. Repeat. I've found P90x to be a great system for working out.

P90x is a GREAT workout, but is also very demanding. Atleast an hour a day, 6 days a week, and pretty intence workouts.. But it works.

I dont. I eat like a pig and stay slim. When my waist size reach 36, maybe I will start exercising LOL.

My issue right now is no gym membership+no treadmill+no bike at the moment, and it's 20 degrees with 6 inches of snow on the ground here. So running is out, I can't breath when it's that cold out. So trying to find cardio indoors without exercise equipment is hard.

I'm in the beginning stages of training for my CPAT test, which is the phyisical ability test to get into a paid fire department. Going to start doing lots of stair climbs with a weight vest on to simulate pulling a charged hose line up a staircase. Fun stuff.

My issue right now is no gym membership+no treadmill+no bike at the moment, and it's 20 degrees with 6 inches of snow on the ground here.

COME ON MAN, say that to ROCKY!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet that clip makes anyone want to work out!!

If p90 is harder for you, then I would suggest a jump rope if your ceiling permits. I've used the insanity workout but it's more cardio and I find it more intense than p90x. The best thing I've tried at home is a p90x/insanity hybrid.

Dont eat sh!+....

I use to wrestle and train in muay thai and jiu jitsu for 4 years.. Once I started my sophmore year in college last year I had to stop everything so I could work full time and go to school full time.. I havent even so much lifted a 3lb weight since then and have remained the same weight (lost a bit of muscle mass) just by eating a well balanced diet. I do not drink pop, however I love cookies. I also work in a burger joint so it is very hard not to eat fried foods, but I try my best. Also, drink tons of water. I drink at least gallon a day. Also, I take fiber daily to ensure a sufficent daily amount so I go stoodla pumpa everyday. Very basic things that help a ton.

Photography!

Seriously get some long f2.8 lenses and midrange bodies - tripods and all that jaz and before you know if you've half a tonne in your hands and another tonne in your backpack as you travel around ;)

Most reactions

Back