What do you guys keep in your camera bags?

AG74683

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just received my D3000 today (This thing is NICE!)

Anyways, got a camera bag with the kit I ordered. Pretty nice bag. Once I start carrying 3 lenses, it'll be too small, but thats a long ways off.

So what do you guys carry in your bag? I cant really decide at this point what I should carry and what I should leave at home..

I carry almost all my stuff, spare batteries, charger, cables. There have been multiple times I have needed that stuff, I also keep some AA batteries for my flash, microfiber cloth and some business cards.

depends on your bag size ofcourse, I bought one to fit all I have...I got a tamrac backpack from B&H. So the answer to your question is EVERYTHING but I don't exactly have a warehouse of crap either. Everything in my sig, supplys for lens cleaning, extra batteries a AA charger and Nikon battery charger. Also a few plastic 1 gal bags, I do some out door shooting this time of year and snow can come from nowhere so I like to be able to protect my lenses ect ect, along with a garbage bag to put my camera bag in if it does snow that bad or rain. The just the typical stuff, note pad, pens, extra memory.....pretty much like I said everything except my wife! hahaha!

all my gear is spread over 3 Pelican cases, plus tripod & monopod bags, they are always in the trunk when I go out shooting.
For 'walk & shoot', I have what I need in my shoulder bag.

in a small bag - cam with lens, flash, spare bat; bigger bag all that + chargers (camera and AAs) bounce cars, gray card, small skrewdriver, lens cleaning kit, bracket, second flash, etc etc

In my camera bag proper --

2 bodies (camera, that is), 4 or 5 lenses depending on the situation, flashes (1 or 2 depending) and small modifiers, batteries and chargers, white/black/grey cards, memory cards, filters (ND, CPOL, usually), business cards, model releases, safety pins, bandaids, a sewing kit, swiss army knife, remote shutter release...

Sometimes I pack what I've started to call a 'short kit' for personal trips. Small pack, one body, one lens, and sometimes a flash. Living on the edge.

As far as packing the lens cleaning kit...

do you guys pack the solution as well? The kit that I got came with a "brush blower" but I really dont feel comfortable putting a brush to my lens. I think I'll just stick with the regular blower.

in a small bag - cam with lens, flash, spare bat; bigger bag all that + chargers (camera and AAs) bounce cars, gray card, small skrewdriver, lens cleaning kit, bracket, second flash, etc etc

Get mugged a lot? lol ( I know what you meant, just read it funny the first time ) :lmao:

my whole signature down below "HOW I ROLL" is what I got in my bag at all times and with me, yes I got a strong back! LOL but if I had to pick 2 things it would be my 5D MKII and my 70-200mm f/2.8L (I use a Kata expandable backpack with a lot of attachments and its starting to get really crowded)

Last edited:
D300 Gripped
Sigma 70-300 f/4-5.6
Sigma 18-50 f/2.8
Nikon 85mm f/1.8
Cokin filter holder and Three filters
24 Pack AA's
3 flashes.
4 CF card's
small roll of black Duct gaffers( i think its spelled right?) tape.
That is about it.
:)

I prefer to be as light and mobile as I can. Though I also don't have alot of stuff.

I carry my D90 with an 18-200 attached in my hand
With a plastic bag in my pocket if it rains
and a spare battery in my other pocket.
I have 2 spare pockets for my lens cap and keys

I prefer to be as light and mobile as I can. Though I also don't have alot of stuff.

I carry my D90 with an 18-200 attached in my hand
With a plastic bag in my pocket if it rains
and a spare battery in my other pocket.
I have 2 spare pockets for my lens cap and keys

I roll this way when I rock my XTi's but got one with 15"mm wide and other with 50"mm 1.4 and cargo shorts... LOL

At the moment I use a Lowepro mini nature trekker back (great bag really very well made - though it could do with a better (padded) waist buckle and strap setup!) as for what's inside:

Main body of the bag:
Canon 400D+battery grip
Canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS L
Canon MPE65mm macro
Canon 18-55mm
Sigma 150mm macro
Sigma 70mm macro
1.4 teleconverter canon
1.4 teleconverter sigma
speedlite 580EX2

Inner compartments:
spare memory cards; 2 spare camera batteries; quick release plate manfrotto design; cable remote release; single bulb LED torch on flexi arm; 2*2GB and 4GB memory cards (+ 4FB card in the camera);

Front compartments:
One pair of gloves; 3 sets of 4 AA batteries (plus one set inside the flash itself) (Sanyo Enloop); waterproof bag cover (external pocket+waterbottle prevent the backs built in cover from fitting correctly over)
Conent of this section also changes a lot depending on how I go out - 2*TC teleconverters, focusing rails, angle finder, macro diopters; waterproof clothes; poncho and other things get added and removed on an as needed basis

External side pocket addon:
lens cleaning kit; rocket blower; offcamera flash cable; card reader and cable; camera battery recharger; circular polarizer for the 70-200mm f2.8 IS; circular polarizer for the 150mm f2.8 macro; tripod collar for the MPE65mm macro; OPTech Rainsleeve; screwdriver (for those little screws under the tripod mount)

And a water bottle on the other pouch side of the bag

Phew and that's before I even add the tripod to the tripod mount!
Manfrotto 055XPROB with manfrotto junior geared head

1 camera body,2 lenses,1 lens attachment,flash,extra battery,battery charger,mem cards,cloth,a few extra lens protectors(uv,polorized,5 star,etc) and my bag is pretty cramped but dont want to go no bigger bc its a good size.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back