What do you guys think of Mangelsen?

See his work linked to before and whilst he does have some very arty works, it looks as if his majority is very well captured and very realistic looking wildlife shots - documantary style rather than more artistic or contrast+saturation heavy shots.

definatly he has some beauties in his collection and has been around a lot of places to get them

THOMAS D. MANGELSEN'S | Images of Nature

I bumped into one of his galleries recently and was blown away. He has some beautiful work, in my opinion.

What do you think?

Well I've just had a look and I didn't think it was anything special, never even heard of him before. The thing with a lot of wildlife photography is that anyone can get the shots as long as you are in the right location. Go to the far north and anyone can get shot of Polar Bears, go to the far south and you will get Penguins. Now making those shots really stand out is the hard thing and I didn't see anything on his site that made me say WOW!

I am sort of siding with the prophet. The shots are definitely good, but they sure aren't mind blowing. He is definitely no Art Wolfe, but who is (besides Art of course).

But at least he has the gumption to build a web site and sell some of his work. I sure as heck haven't got that far.

Well, he may not be Art Wolfe, but he definitely had shots that made me go "Wow". His web site may not do him justice.

I would be quite happy to have his talent! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back