what do you guys think of this?

Hello and welcome to tpf!
What is your budget? If it is maxed out at the cost of the camera you've shown, you can get in to a decent DSLR for that amount.
I'm not a fan of the low res put out by P&Ss in "movie" mode...so I recommend staying away from a P&S for that purpose. If your budget permits, get a digicamcorder and a DSLR.

120 maybe 130 would be the most, buti would need to take good video footage also, i know its alot lol, but its all i can afford

It will be difficult if not impossible to find the best of both worlds in a P&S...I think you should be looking for special deals on both a DSLR and a Digicamcorder. It might be the time visit eBay, unless you have not already done so. I am not a fan of the low res a P&S offers in "movie mode." As far as DSLRs go, the Cannon XTi and the Olympus E-300 fall in to your budget range, but these do not offer the movie mode....you can find some decent deals on digicamcoders on eBay,

Im not 100% on this but isn't 129 pounds equal to roughly $260? if so I do not think you could get a DSLR for even close to that. Especially if you would like to have a lense for the body. Also as said previously the resolution on digital cameras that also take video is not great at all. If you want to watch it on the small digital camera screen thats fine but on a TV it will be terrible quality.

I have a friend who works for the BBC and has a Nikon Compact that takes really good P&S images and Broadcast quality movies... But all compacts and Bridge cameras are a compromise.. People spend £6,000 or £7000 on a camera and if the £200 p& S was as good and as versitile then they wouldn't. look at what you want to achieve and how. Then look at the money you have available and go to your local camera shop and play about with what is in the store...
for wildlife you will want a 500mm (35mm equiv) at least. And as fast as poss. For wild life you really need a SLR / DSLR because thay are as versatile as a camera gets these days.
Good system (Lenses, flash, etc etc) , Light Weight, High pixel count and as reliable a poss. Try Nikon or Canon buget DSLRS

Most reactions

New Topics

Back