What do you guys think

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by Omarphoto6911, Nov 27, 2017.

1. DanOstergren

DanOstergren Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Wow, what a gorgeous model. That bone structure is just amazing! I would love to get him in front of my camera. You did an amazing job photographing him by putting great emphasis on the features that make him beautiful.

I agree with the comments about cropping some of the chest out for a more close-in headshot. With that strong expression, you could go with a crop that is a bit closer so the eye contact and expression have more impact on the viewer, but still shows enough of the clothing detail to be a useable fashion image. Something like this: https://orig00.deviantart.net/2077/...28_at_10_12_09_pm_by_danostergren-dbv6wkf.png

As far as everything else goes, this image is great. The lighting is impeccable, good styling that really compliments him, and I can't tell if it's been edited or not, which to me is a very good thing. Great editing and retouching in my opinion should never leave evidence of itself, and had you not said that you edited this I would have believed you if you said it was straight out of camera. You show amazing restraint and good taste with your editing. I don't tend to rave about photos often; this one is just great. Consider me a big fan of your work, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do in the future. It's taken me almost 10 years to build my skill to be on your level of good.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. DanOstergren

Photos OK to edit
    I personally like your framing in all of the shots with female models **not including the shot with the arm cut off at the edge of the frame**. It's not a rule that always has to be followed, and I don't think breaking that rule is hurting your headshots at all.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Omarphoto6911

Omarphoto6911 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Wow !!! Thank you !!!!! I️ don’t know what to say thank you for your inspirational and kind words I️ treat every picture as of it was my own child lol I️ am seeing that I️ do need to work on my framing I️ use a Nikon D800E I’m still having trouble framing and placing focus point on eye maybe I️ just have bad Technique but I️ get blurry photos when I️ recompose . My editing I️ try to do as little as I️ can mainly doge and burn and skin cleaning. I’m 2 years in but feels longer my dream is to be published some day. 10 yeas wow what do you mainly photograph?

4. DanOstergren

Photos OK to edit
    What camera you use really makes no difference and has nothing to do with the photographs. D800E or not, it's all talent, not the camera. Never allow yourself to believe that the camera or gear has anything to do with it, because that will lead you down a deep rabbit hole that will give you absolutely nothing.

As far as focus goes, it takes practice and discipline. You'll get better with it. Your lens may also need calibration. You could also try using a narrower aperture so you get more in focus, especially for the shots that are closer in to your subject.

I mainly photograph actors and models. There's a link to my work in my forum signature.

5. Omarphoto6911

Omarphoto6911 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It took me some time to understand it but gear doesn’t matter funny thing is once got rid of that mindset my work started getting better. I’m not really sure how to calibrate my lens do I️ do that in the settings of my camera ?

6. benhasajeep

benhasajeep No longer a newbie, moving up!

Top Poster Of Month

Lookup online for lens focus test. You can print out a test target on regular paper, or even use a ruler. Don't need to buy anything, as many places sells things for it, but you don't need to pay for anything.

You test your lens to see if it's front or back focusing. And you can use fine tune focus function on your camera to make adjustments.