What do you listen to while editing?

I mostly listen to my girlfriend yelling at me to "stop editing my life away" and how she "can't believe I would rather edit photos than hang out with her". :76:

Situations like that kind of makes me happy that I'm single. Haha.

As far as I know, I have never listened to Taylor Swift (or 99% of modern artists)....but Heart, ZZ Top, and Joe Walsh are usually on when I edit, or am in my truck.....

And yea, I also like The Chairman of the Board.....That's Life.....

Last edited:
I hit shuffle and listen to what comes up. It's much easier to list what is NOT on my playlist. Taylor Swift is most certainly not on the list. No rap or hip-hop either. Almost anything else is fair game. Seriously, I have a little bit of everything.

Last edited:
Classic rock, jazz, blues, sometimes science lectures. Lots of Steely Dan the last couple of months, actually.

Love Steely Dan / Donald Fagen.

I'm usually listening to television while editing. That could be a football game, Sports Center, First Take, His & Hers, Pardon The Interuption, Longmire, Scandal, Zoo. If Wifey is watching then it's some of those shows I mentioned or Dr. Oz, Ellen, The Voice, Bachelor stuff, Kardashian stuff, Mike & Molly, Big Bang Theory etc.

Nothing, I get everything right in camera.

Note these are pandora stations, and includes other artists.
When I am;
Doing laundry: Classic Disney songs, so I can pretend that I am a princess
Tidying up: Cherry Poppin Daddies or bowling for soup, so I can dance around the living room
Dishes: Frank Sinatra or showtunes, so that I can sing along
While teaching: Classical / instrumental
Photo editing: *crickets* ...I has honestly never occurred to me to play music while photo editing...what an interesting idea.

I have to add: I loved before 50 shades of Grey made it cool.

Wait...has some 70-year-old dude hacked your TPF account? Sinatra? Bobby Darin? Deano? Well, when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore! Right? Can't do anything about who you love!

Me? I seldom listen to music when editing. I prefer silence.
Hey now! You don't have to be old to get excited when "Papa loves Mambo" streams across the air! *SMH*

Last edited:
Right now, for me:

At this very moment, it's the Black Keys.

Check out left lane cruiser if you like early black keys. Also 5 horse Johnson, The Blackwater Fever, Wo Fat, Blind Dog and Sasquatch. Some are a bit off genre but still good.

Junior Kimbrough was a big influence on the Black Keys and he is really more of the juke joint type blues man.

Forgot to mention the The Black Angels, heavier psychedelic music with a bit of a doom/stoner bend.

Most reactions

Back