What do you look for?

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When you are thinking to yourself "Hmm I'm in the mood to make me some HDR photos!", what is it that you look for while walking or driving around? Colorful scenes? Details? Combo? Something else?

What is it, in your opinion, that makes for the best base on which HDR is built?

I typically don't look for an HDR shot. I look for something interesting. Once I find something interesting, I think about if it could benefit from HDR. A lot of the time I'll rack off 3 bracketed shots to make sure I'll have a correct exposure and play around with it in post processing later. Sometimes it works and most of the time it's not necessary.

HDR shouldn't be too noticeable. If you're looking for a cartoon/painting/grunge look just shoot anything and process the piss out of it.

Yeah I was just being goofy with the 'driving around looking for HDRs'. Was meant to be funny, but oh well.

The question remains, however, should anyone care to answer it.

If I'm itching to use the software I look for abandoned buildings/farms/factories.

im not a pro at this but someone posted a shot with a lot of sail boats. to be honest, there was too much going on in the pic. something simple that stands out. for instance a shot of a car at a car show - nice. a pan shot at a concert or a bbq - try again.

I dont walk around looking for HDRs, but do come onto scenes where i think HDR would work.

However, should I look at specifically doing HDRs, I'd be looking at things with great colours, such as sunsets, where there is a darker foreground. Or something with some great texture and colour in it (rusty things for example).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back