What do you recommend to calibrate my computer and my new printer?

brighteyesphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brighteyesphotos.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Forgive me if this is better suited for a different area.

I just got myself an Epson 1800, one that prints up to 13" wide. I know that in order to get the best prints, my monitor and printer need to be calibrated so that what I'm seeing is that I'm going to get. What's the best way to do that?

Any recommendations on those screen calibrators? I want to make sure my colors are spot on and I have the right profiles.

The ColorVision Spyder is recommended by many people. I have the Spyder II but the latest one is the Spyder III.

I've found that with the monitor calibrated, I can get pretty accurate results on my printer...as long as I use good paper.

If you want to get very accurate prints, you can calibrate your printer as well...I don't know much of anything about printer calibration. I think you can get packages that will calibrate both the screen and the printer...but it starts to get expensive. Also, you can use up a lot of ink when doing all that testing.

Personally, I've decided to just calibrate my monitor and have my prints done out of house...at a lab. I do lose some control but the results are good enough and the price is probably lower.

Most reactions

Back