what do you shoot in the winter if you don't like going out in the cold.

I shoot from the car quite often, the viewpoints are a lot more limited, but in winter I don't have the time during daylight to trek off anyway.

There are of course quite a collection of indoor topics I have listed to try/redo too. These include standard still life & macro shots, and a collection of more unusual subjects such as: smoke (from a candle or jostick) water splashes, diffusion in liquids (eg. milk or paint in water), refractography...

If I'm not in the mood for any of that theres always a few thousand shots on the PC awaiting processing :)

Go over your archive. You'll find great shots from back then, that you could improve immensely with your editting skills of today. Or get inspired for a new portfolio site maybe. I love to do some product photography that's challenging with lights.
Or simply find super warm clothes and go out anyway.

I shoot people I don't like.
Then I take their picture.

Is that cold?

Model Mayhem has a large pool to choose from, but like tirediron said. Flaky models make up the majority of their population.

Don't worry about a back drop if you do a shoot at your house. Make up themes that fit the scene you're shooting. Be creative and have fun.

Most reactions

Back