What do you thing

D40

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do you guys (Galls) think that the water looking brown ruins the picture?

DSC_0018.jpg

I think it looks good. I would have left the picture bigger, but that's just me.

The open spaces of sky, between the trees, grabs the viewers attention. The lines from the diving board seem to converge in in the center tree so that grabs a lot of attention too. I am guessing the picture was supposed to focus on the diving board, I would have tried to take the pic closer to the ground and maybe a little further back and would have cropped out most of the sky to keep viewer's eyes on the board.

But that's just me :)

I liker the photo... my eyes have a hard time finding a focal point tho.

it makes the pool look like mud but thats just my opinion.

Mud, Ya that is what I was told, Let me try something:

Ok: The Aperture was f/9 so that is my mistake, the focus should be on the board. I just thought the first one made it look unique but yes the water does look bad. Which way should I keep it? Guess I could have focused on the Tree in the center??

DSC_00180001-1.jpg

I think compositionally you have a good idea with the lead in line of the board however there is no "pot of gold" at the end, nothing to really take your attention, just a part tree. I'm not usually keen on centralised pictures but here it works. I think maybe however you ought to get down lower and try and get more of the tree in, I think that'd be more successful. but the mid ground in the picture isn't all that interesting.

Sadly I cant take another as this was not at my house:( Would you say the first one was better as far as showing more of the tree? In a way I like the color in the first one because it gives it hole different look? I do see know that I should have gotten lower and it would have looked better.

Another question:

Should I keep "John Juchum Photography" or put "Photo by John Juchum" or "Photo by,
John Juchum" or
Photo by
John Juchum

I am leaning towards the last one??

The image is just not really very interesting. There's no real subject. THe idea is right but not the scene. Lighting looks flat too.

Best time to take shots like this is when the sun is rising or when setting. Light is much warmer and soft at these times.

The image is just not really very interesting. There's no real subject. THe idea is right but not the scene. Lighting looks flat too.

Best time to take shots like this is when the sun is rising or when setting. Light is much warmer and soft at these times.

Agreed.

When it comes to signing, Just use your name. You don't need to put photography, people already will know its a photograph so it seems a little silly. I would just go with the name and year, but I like the font and subtlety of the sig.

Thanks for all the tips about the lighting I think that would hava made a big difference:() And I will go back an redue the names:(

There is no need for the :( . I know im not the best and that I have much to learn, but I am always really proud of my photos and so should u. Heck you just learned a few great lessons!

I did not mean it to be a sad face but a "O ok" face:) Here:

Flower.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back