What do you think 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how your slowly attempting to admit that what you said was completely uncalled for and made you sound like an idiot. Good attempt though. Key word being attempt.

I sometimes revise my posts after I first put them on, because I think through it more. Don't reply immediately. It will probably change a little.

I know how you feel. I was 20 once. At that time I had already been doing photography for six years and was getting pretty good. I had no notion of going pro at that time, though I did work professionally in my late 20s and 30s. I worked at my college yearbook when I was 18-22 and did some rather good work of the PJ type. It was not, however, the best training for commercial photography, so when I tried working in the commercial photography field it was almost like starting from scratch.

Yeah really? In your late 20's and 30's? and you realize your downgrading an 18 year old kid? very manly of you, I have also been shooting for awhile now I dont know exactly how long but quite awhile now. Look where I am. Probably alot further then you were at my age. All i'm sayng is that everybody has dreams, goals, and achievments they want under their belt at a certain point in their life. This happened to be one of his and also one of mine. Prime you do come off as pure evil and nobody really likes what you say and how you react to some peoples threads. Best thing to do is be nice and thoughtful maybe that way people may actually like you and respect you, maybe then you'll turn pro one day.

Be patient. Read my previous post. You'll be OK, just quit talking about going pro. It is premature.

I have been around a long long time in this business and you would do well to listen to what I have to say.

If you ask for advice, be prepared to act on it and don't think someone like me is trying to harm you. I'm not. I'm trying to help you. Just like the business owner who wanted to buy the Hasselblad and do the work himself. He was stubborn, but he later admitted I was right. I don't care if you think I'm right, now. You will learn it later regardless.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Oh my goodness! You can't be serious. Prime you have to be the most lonely, self centered, hateful person on this planet, I mean look at what your saying at an 18 year old kid who has a dream set and wants to achieve a goal. You're some 40 year old dude sitting at home doing nothing but critisizing other people because their work is potentially better then yours will ever be. It's okay man you can cry and play world of warcraft all night tonight. Pathetic.

it says 18, plan to go pro at 20. Pro at what, exactly?

Why do you come off to me as just being evil to your core? The photographer is only 18. Does your kid have a TPF account taking pictures so I can go rub some dirt in his/her face? I'm just sayin......

Trying to save him...it helps to have a dose of reality rather than people just saying nice things to him. When he's not starving he'll thank me.

Save him from what? To get a job, potentially making more money, something man made, and will continue to keep printing. Sometimes money is not the motivator. Most people with the desire to capture anything with a camera, understand the basic fundamental aspect,...that there may just be more to all of this than the printing press.

I do not condone what can only be perceived as your clear regret for not making an earlier career change.

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Oh my goodness! You can't be serious. Prime you have to be the most lonely, self centered, hateful person on this planet, I mean look at what your saying at an 18 year old kid who has a dream set and wants to achieve a goal. You're some 40 year old dude sitting at home doing nothing but critisizing other people because their work is potentially better then yours will ever be. It's okay man you can cry and play world of warcraft all night tonight. Pathetic.

Be patient, Grasshopper.

Why do you come off to me as just being evil to your core? The photographer is only 18. Does your kid have a TPF account taking pictures so I can go rub some dirt in his/her face? I'm just sayin......

Trying to save him...it helps to have a dose of reality rather than people just saying nice things to him. When he's not starving he'll thank me.

Save him from what? To get a job, potentially making more money, something man made, and will continue to keep printing. Sometimes money is not the motivator. Most people with the desire to capture anything with a camera, understand the basic fundamental aspect,...that there may just be more to all of this than the printing press.

I do not condone what can only be perceived as your clear regret for not making an ealrier career change.

+1, +2, +3 ......

I do not condone what can only be perceived as your clear regret for not making an ealrier career change.

Enough about me, OK? What I regret is spending so much time trying to figure out how to be a successful pro instead of doing something else. I know many pros and only a few of them are people I would change places with. Many are just scraping by.

Yeah the 19 year old, almost making a living off of his most desired and beloved hobby, who almost has his own business set up, is the grasshopper. Easy grandpa.

Enough about me, OK? I regret spending so much time trying to figure out how to be a successful pro instead of doing something else. I know many pros and only a few of them are people I would change places with. Many are just scraping by.

I know alot of pros too, from watching so much tv. Dude! You were never a pro and you never will be so please stop talking down to everyody like you are one.

Enough about me, OK? I regret spending so much time trying to figure out how to be a successful pro instead of doing something else. I know many pros and only a few of them are people I would change places with. Many are just scraping by.

I know alot of pros too, from watching so much tv. Dude! You were never a pro and you never will be so please stop talking down to everyody like you are one.

Well, as much as I hate to admit it, I have worked professionally, in commercial and AV photography. I did some pretty good work but it didn't pay well enough to continue.

I am trying to help you, Bram. The most important thing is it takes a long time to master things...

Well, as much as I hate to admit it, I have worked professionally, in commercial and AV photography. I did some pretty good work but it didn't pay well enough to continue.

I am trying to help you, Bram. The most important thing is it takes a long time to master things...

Yes i'm sure, what did you ask santa for this year?
Make sure to leave milk and cookies for him too ;)

Yes i'm sure, what did you ask santa for this year?
Make sure to leave milk and cookies for him too ;)

I was 14 when I started. That was 1964, dude.

Turns out we have a 60 year old war vet over here whose a little bittr about never making it to the big leagues. You were talking down to a 18 year old boy. How does that make you feel old man?

Yes. I want to know whose bright idea it was to let him back.

Has anyone bothered to report these comments thus far?

Barely finished reading his post before I clicked the report button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back