What do you think of a 14 day photography tour in South East Asia.

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by sensiexpiditions, Feb 7, 2010.

1. sensiexpiditions

sensiexpiditions TPF Noob!

Hi there,

I need some of your advice on an idea I have to start Photography tours.
    Due to the demand I get for teaching people I am thinking of starting practical workshops with a hands on approach.

Because Photography is something that is so diverse, I feel that the best way to get photography to the student is by exposing them to the real deal. And that is being out there and trying.

Therefor I play with the idea to start tours, I have been an expidition leader for 6 years and recently became a professional studio photographer. There are many experienced travel photographers in the region willing to become tour leaders.

I'd like to hear from people if this type of photography holiday would appeal to beginners and experts - travelling to off the beaten track areas with photographers who know the area well and provide learning workshops along the way. What would you expect from such a trip?

Our first tour would be in Thailand and Cambodia where we will bring you the National Geographic experience with education and support for the beginners and opportunity to find the perfect photo opportunities for the adnvanced.

Please advise us with your ideas and opinions.

Happy shooting!

2. I did that tour by myself two years ago, although I did a city tour. Bangkok, Saigon HCMC, Phnom Penh... and then of course Siam Reap and the temples. There is a LOT more I want to see, and will come back soon.

I think it is a wonderful idea. There are a lot of interesting places, but timing matters. As a tourist you often don't know when to be there. You could do a workshop around people photography, and bring participants to certain areas to shoot, then discuss the results later or the next day. Muay night fights, city streets at night, the market places in the morning, the temples at sunrise. All those places are extremely visually powerful, yet full of people.