What do you think of my watermark?

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$DGM7Logo.jpg
Originally, it was just going to be DGM Photography, but, aha, that name was taken on Facebook so I put my favorite number in there! DGM 7Photography. I like the 7. So far, its meaning is a spiritual thing. I am only here on this planet, and able to do photography, thanks to my Creator :)

I saw it on some photos earlier! Personally I think it is way too large, and very distracting. If you half the size, and half the opacity.. it might be doable!

EDIT.. it looks like you did that already, compared to the version I saw today. The Dark Cloud version isn't too bad.. although I still think using a watermark HERE is silly. Using it elsewhere.. maybe... but not to many people here are going to try and steal photos.

I saw it on some photos earlier! Personally I think it is way too large, and very distracting. If you half the size, and half the opacity.. it might be doable!

EDIT.. it looks like you did that already, compared to the version I saw today. The Dark Cloud version isn't too bad.. although I still think using a watermark HERE is silly. Using it elsewhere.. maybe... but not to many people here are going to try and steal photos.

Haha, yup! :D I realized my watermark was too large and distracting so I've fixed it. This is just the base image I use, then I add it in photoshop and shrink and halve the opacity. I do realize that using a watermark here is probably silly, as compared to most others here, my photography is not that great, but I post these images other places too and it's just easier to add it and be done with it.

Haha, yup! :D I realized my watermark was too large and distracting so I've fixed it. This is just the base image I use, then I add it in photoshop and shrink and halve the opacity. I do realize that using a watermark here is probably silly, as compared to most others here, my photography is not that great, but I post these images other places too and it's just easier to add it and be done with it.

You may catch hell for it.. be warned! :)

Personally, I can't see it being a 7, and the G looks like a C, O or U to me.

And if I were to read it without explanation, I would see Something-or-Other-Who-Knows-WhatDUM Photography.

I don't want to turn this into a religious debate, but what religion are you? Are you Christian based?

As for the logo as it sits, although its definitely unique, it's near impossible to read, and the lines aren't fluid with each other. I think it needs a complete make over.

I really thought it was DCM

Hahaha, thanks guys, now I know! And yes, I am Christian. By the way, this is the Batman font xD

Mainstream= Nonunique. Sorry, I'm a hipster.

DGMPhotography said:

So unique that people can't read it?? There are a million fonts out there that are more legible or you could make your own. The whole point of a watermark/logo like that is to let people know whose work it is. And yes, a watermark is suppose to be for protection but it's really not that effective.

DGMPhotography said:

So unique that people can't read it?? There are a million fonts out there that are more legible or you could make your own. The whole point of a watermark/logo like that is to let people know whose work it is. And yes, a watermark is suppose to be for protection but it's really not that effective.

I didn't say that! :p Ha, don't worry, I'm working on an improvement now. I've taken your guys' opinion into consideration.

OKAY GUYS, here is the new logo:

$NewLogo.jpg

I had to add the grey background so you could see it, but normally that won't be there of course.

Most reactions

Back