What do you think of my watermark?

So how does the title go? 7DGMPhotography?

Well, SOME people look at Tumblr. It's DGM 7Photography.
Here's a new one:

$newlogo2.jpg

Dude I don't want to come off wrong here, but I think watermarks and branding should be moved way down on your priority list right now. Looking at your shots you've posted to your Facebook page, I don't know how to say this without coming off rude, but they all kind of suck. There are fundamental issues with exposure/composition/processing etc. I think it would serve you well to step away from the computer, perhaps pick up a book and start reading and studying photography, and most importantly getting out and shooting more.

And specifically about your watermark, given that in Western culture we read left to right, your watermark intuitively reads "7DGMphotography". That's what I'd assume is the name of your business and that's what I typed into facebook based on the label. But it's really facebook.com/DGM7photography, so that's a fundamental flaw with the watermark that needs to be addressed.

Rotanimod said:
Dude I don't want to come off wrong here, but I think watermarks and branding should be moved way down on your priority list right now. Looking at your shots you've posted to your Facebook page, I don't know how to say this without coming off rude, but they all kind of suck. There are fundamental issues with exposure/composition/processing etc. I think it would serve you well to step away from the computer, perhaps pick up a book and start reading and studying photography, and most importantly getting out and shooting more.

And specifically about your watermark, given that in Western culture we read left to right, your watermark intuitively reads "7DGMphotography". That's what I'd assume is the name of your business and that's what I typed into facebook based on the label. But it's really facebook.com/DGM7photography, so that's a fundamental flaw with the watermark that needs to be addressed.

I hope you're wearing your bulletproof underwear.

If you would look at the latest version, you would see I changed that. And thanks for saying my photos suck, I appreciate it. For now, I believe they are above average. They may not be good to you bigshots, but generally, they're not bad, at least to the common eye.

Rotanimod said:

I hope you're wearing your bulletproof underwear.

lol, bulletproof underwear huh? wth?

Rotanimod said:
lol, bulletproof underwear huh? wth?

Just implying that people will probably want to shoot you in the crotch for having the audacity to use the "s" word in the same sentence as "your photos..."

Shame on you. Lol ;)

You crack me up, Rex.

Ok, fine. I will go to the library and get some photography books. That seems to be the general consensus here. However, this thread is about my watermark so talking about my photography is kind of off topic.

Oh, and Rot, I just 'liked' your FB page. You've got some good stuff. Maybe I'll be as good as you someday! ;P

Most reactions

New Topics

Back