What do you think of the Nikon D7500 ??

On paper the d7200 is a very minor upgrade to the d7100.

In real life it is faster to focus, gets focus in darker light, has a better buffer and nicer, less noticeable noise at higher iso levels.

In real life I found the d7200 to be a very worthwhile upgrade to the d7100
I quess thats why they are out of stock in my camera store.
You'd get one somewhere still if you really want one. I'm sure the d7500 is great but it took away as much as it added. Certainly the d7200 is the best digital camera I have owned (and I've gone through quite a few)

The D7200 is still available out there. I've seen it in a few web sites.
You may have to buy over the internet, rather than your local camera shop, to find it.

I think you can still get a new D7100, or at least you could last year at this time.

Of course, you would be expected to pay less for it, but that's life.

You may have to buy over the internet, rather than your local camera shop, to find it.
yes i have seen it on the web too.. but i like to deal with the same camera store i have dealt with for the past 5 years..

I think you can still get a new D7100, or at least you could last year at this time.

Of course, you would be expected to pay less for it, but that's life.
I do not want to buy another D7100.. since i have one.. looking to upgrade if i need to buy new.

.. so wondering what is the best camera as a upgrade from D7100 in the price range of the D7500...
What price range is that? Also, do you have an end goal in mind? Also, what would be your budget for any upgrade? Also, what kind of photography are you into?
it would be about $1200.00 or under for just the body..

$1,200 will easily do the D7200 (at current discount pricing).

Add $300 and you can get a FX D750, but then you have to get FX lenses to go with that body. Another rabbit hole to fall into.

yes i have seen it on the web too.. but i like to deal with the same camera store i have dealt with for the past 5 years..

Commendable to support your local shop.
But if they can't get you a D7200, then you are backed into the D7500.

Commendable to support your local shop.
But if they can't get you a D7200, then you are backed into the D7500.
they can get it for me but i would have to wait... it is quite far from here so when we go we usually do one trip..but i shall see ...i think your right.. thanks

Add $300 and you can get a FX D750, but then you have to get FX lenses to go with that body. Another rabbit hole to fall into.
Oh, but what a nice rabbit hole... :1219:

If all that is damaged on the D7100...then why not buy a hotshoe flash that will have more power, and better lighting? The pop-up flash on the camera is not that good at lighting things...

If all that is damaged on the D7100...then why not buy a hotshoe flash that will have more power, and better lighting? The pop-up flash on the camera is not that good at lighting things...
I think the best reason to fix it is to avail of the Nikon lighting commander system without the need for triggers etc

That's not required. You can use DX lenses on an FX body.

I am thinking that this is a good idea too.. but i have to remind myself i use this camera non stop for past 4 years, i don't think theres been a day i have not used it.. so i don't know the life expectancy of a D7100 but i do know that anything can go after you use it on a constant basis..

That's not required. You can use DX lenses on an FX body.
don't want to get into this .. i have enough lens purchases.. lol

Most reactions

Back