What do you think of the Nikon D7500 ??

The lack of the 2nd card slot is a bummer, but for personal use (non-commercial), I think the D7500 would be a great poor man's alternative to the D500.
I agree ..just cannot swing that D500 $ ..oh but i wish i could.. that one is just awesome.

although Abe's of Maine / has it brand new for about $1500..

The lack of the 2nd card slot is a bummer, but for personal use (non-commercial), I think the D7500 would be a great poor man's alternative to the D500.

I have used the 2nd card in my D7200 ... ONCE.
I normally use the D7200 with ONE card.

So, how important the 2nd card slot is, depends on how YOU use the camera, and IF you will use the 2nd slot.

If you are 'belt and suspenders' and shooting something IMPORTANT, like a wedding, then the 2nd slot makes sense.

I have used the 2nd card in my D7200 ... ONCE.
I normally use the D7200 with ONE card.

So, how important the 2nd card slot is, depends on how YOU use the camera, and IF you will use the 2nd slot.

If you are 'belt and suspenders' and shooting something IMPORTANT, like a wedding, then the 2nd slot makes sense.
Same here ... i have never used the second slot in my D7100... it really has no value for me.. except maybe for resale..

Same here ... i have never used the second slot in my D7100... it really has no value for me.. except maybe for resale..
The D7xxx series is more nearly classed as a "professional" series, so the dual card slots are an important feature for professional use.

Until the D5700 came out. Now the series isn't even at the "enthusiast" level. Ooops! I mean the D7500.

The D7xxx series is more nearly classed as a "professional" series, so the dual card slots are an important feature for professional use.

Until the D5700 came out. Now the series isn't even at the "enthusiast" level. Ooops! I mean the D7500.
yes i know what your saying.. but it is still in the eye of the beholder.. that is more advertising gimics to me..

Actually, I could and would use the pivoting screen on the D7500 more than the 2nd card slot on my D7200.

Actually, I could and would use the pivoting screen on the D7500 more than the 2nd card slot on my D7200.
i think this will be a great help for me at times.. i almost bought the d7200 but they are out of stock at my camera store.. i don't like buying a camera from the internet sales.. i want to try it and bring it back if it is not right for me.. thanks

Well coming from the D7200 moving over to the D7500 Was a hard decision and if I didn't need the extra cash towards the D7500 I would have kept the D7200 back up just in case one goes down I still had a second body. My thoughts getting the negatives out of the way first. The no option for a battery grip is stupid IMO for one for the extra battery and two for the extra grip for larger hands and thirdly the vertical orientation but I think marketing may have saved that for its big brother D500. The no second card slot like could be an issue for some but was not a deal breaker for me.

Know the positives for me since I am mostly a wildlife shooter the extra 2 FPS over the D7200 makes a difference for capturing that extra wing position or action that maybe missed from the slower frame rate of the D7200 and not sure about this but I don't think the D7200 was even 6 FPS and think it is slightly under that. Know the biggest upgrade of the D7500 has a much much deeper raw buffer then the D7200, shooting in raw the D7200 buffer sucks for action photography.Also the Group focus points or should say one big single focus is fantastic. The processor is better in the D7500 and I think the IQ is better to. For all around shooting especially with action stuff hands down the D7500.Oh and forgot to mention the tilting screen and 4K video of the D7500 but I don't do much video hardly ever but have used the tilt screen for low angle shots sure beat laying on the ground in dirt that I would have had to do with the D7200.

Last edited:
This was a shot at the local high school, homecoming dance, before it opened.
Shot camera sitting on the floor, with me laying on the floor, to aim and compose.
I'm would not like to do this shot outside on the dirt.
HC dance arch.jpg

Well coming from the D7200 moving over to the D7500 Was a hard decision and if I didn't need the extra cash towards the D7500 I would have kept the D7200 back up just in case one goes down I still had a second body. My thoughts getting the negatives out of the way first. The no option for a battery grip is stupid IMO for one for the extra battery and two for the extra grip for larger hands and thirdly the vertical orientation but I think marketing may have saved that for its big brother D500. The no second card slot like could be an issue for some but was not a deal breaker for me.

Know the positives for me since I am mostly a wildlife shooter the extra 2 FPS over the D7200 makes a difference for capturing that extra wing position or action that maybe missed from the slower frame rate of the D7200 and not sure about this but I don't think the D7200 was even 6 FPS and think it is slightly under that. Know the biggest upgrade of the D7500 has a much much deeper raw buffer then the D7200, shooting in raw the D7200 buffer sucks for action photography.Also the Group focus points or should say one big single focus is fantastic. The processor is better in the D7500 and I think the IQ is better to. For all around shooting especially with action stuff hands down the D7500.Oh and forgot to mention the tilting screen and 4K video of the D7500 but I don't do much video hardly ever but have used the tilt screen for low angle shots sure beat laying on the ground in dirt that I would have had to do with the D7200.
thank you for so much great information.......... i am so excited about this purchase.. and i great appreciate all your thoughts on this camera..

This was a shot at the local high school, homecoming dance, before it opened.
Shot camera sitting on the floor, with me laying on the floor, to aim and compose.
I'm would not like to do this shot outside on the dirt.
View attachment 151539
wow really beautiful shot.. this is a very helpful addition for me to know and realize.. i really have so many times that i should get down ground level and I end up skipping the photo due to it...sadly gone are the days of laying down in green meadows like i did as a kid.... so very helpful.

This morning in very little light i used the D7100 .. i think i might hold on to it after i purchase the new one.. it is still a great camera just needs the flash attachment

Attachments

• birds again 004.JPG
    birds again 004.JPG
    493.7 KB · Views: 248
Your welcome photo lady, Best Wishes and happy new year to all.

Most reactions

Back