What do you think of the Nikon D7500 ??

Discussion in 'Nikon Cameras' started by Photo Lady, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Photo Lady

Photo Lady No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I like those features.. the card slot turning single was stupid ... the more photos a camera can hold the better.. although for me this would not be an issue since i download daily.. my husband still seems to want me to buy the 7500.. maybe i will take it home and try it.. and then bring it back for the 7200 if i am not happy.. thanks for info... so appreciated

2. Braineack

Braineack Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    I can't imagine you really being disappointed with it.

oh wait.

I'm pretty sure they removed the pop-up flash... that might be a deal breaker for you! I forgot about that one. Now I'm remembering all the things I was like WTF about that camera.

And you can't use a battery grip with it. And you can't use AI lenses with it if you want metering.

These of the sorts of decisions that Nikon makes that really makes me question if they actually care about their photographers or not.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Photo Lady

Photos OK to edit
    This is not good........ maybe i better skip going altogether... and wait until the 72oo are back in stock.. i must make up my mind today.. and tell them not to hold it for me..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Designer

Designer Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    When an FX camera senses that a DX lens is mounted, it automatically captures only the DX portion of the sensor. This is called "DX mode". If your lens does not have the CPU contacts, you can manually set the camera to DX mode.

5. Dave442

Dave442 No longer a newbie, moving up!

I don't think the D7500 is that bad of an option. You can buy it new at your local shop, my local shop would let me use it for a couple weeks and return it if it just was not what I wanted.

It does have the pop-up flash, the D500 is the one that went without the pop-up flash. The D7500 added the flip screen and I know that would save me on those overhead shots.

I have never had a problem in using one card slot in 12 years of using my cameras. The grip I might miss, but I use my camera that does not have the grip more often than the one that does have the grip.

I am thinking that your current camera could have taken a knock that busted the flash and may have caused other damage if you are now having focusing issues that were not there before. More reason for a new camera over fixing the current one.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Photo Lady

Photos OK to edit
    I have made my decision.. i will buy the D7500 as planned.. try it .. if for some reason it is not for me i will take it back.. being he is holding it for me.. so tomorrow i plan on making the trip.. this is what my husband said too.. if theres too many repairs for the camera just buy a new one.. so tomorrow i will let the store professional look it over and decide whether it is worth sending back to Nikon.. thanks so much for imput.. it means alot.. and i appreciate everyones opinions.. i have learned alot about the camera just chatting with you all......

• Like Like x 1
  7. chas1723

chas1723 TPF Noob!

I have the D7500 and think it is a great camera. The 20mp sensor works great in lower light. The focusing system is great. It includes a built in flash as well as commander mode for external flash. The buffer on it is great for wildlife photography.

The omission of the second card slot is a downside but not a deal breaker. This goes for the battery grip as well.

Many people in this thread are advising you about something they themselves have never used.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Photo Lady

Photos OK to edit
    thanks very much for information ... i am soooooooo looking forward to this camera.. if only it would stop snowing.. we have many feet now so i won't be getting to camera store for at least a few days.. i will let you know when i get it home...thanks again..

9. Peeb

Peeb Semi-automatic Mediocrity Generator Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    The lack of the 2nd card slot is a bummer, but for personal use (non-commercial), I think the D7500 would be a great poor man's alternative to the D500.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Photo Lady

Photos OK to edit
    I agree ..just cannot swing that D500 $ ..oh but i wish i could.. that one is just awesome.

11. Photo Lady

Photos OK to edit
    although Abe's of Maine / has it brand new for about $1500..

12. ac12

ac12 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

I have used the 2nd card in my D7200 ... ONCE.
    I normally use the D7200 with ONE card.

So, how important the 2nd card slot is, depends on how YOU use the camera, and IF you will use the 2nd slot.

If you are 'belt and suspenders' and shooting something IMPORTANT, like a wedding, then the 2nd slot makes sense.

• Like Like x 1