What do you think of this macro lens for Nikon?

annamaria said:
Thanks Sparky and I was wondering if the 6T would work on the Soligor lens you gave me. Hopefully

The 6T has 62mm filter threads on the back, and the front of it, so, if you need to put it on a lens with a smaller filter thread, you would want a step ring. Fotodiox sells a LOT of different step rings, as well as lens reversing rings. Not sure what filter diameter the Soligor is: 52,55,58mm diameter? Or is it a 62mm filter sized lens?

It says 58 along with a symbol similar to this. [emoji724] So would I need a step ring and reversing ring? Can reversing damage a camera along with the chance of dust getting into the camera?

You can go with the lens, plus an adapter ring, or find a basic extension tube. You won't need one with the electrical contacts or autofocus screw drive... just one that will move the lens out and actuate the aperture blades.

I can't see why not.

Option No. 3: If you have a prime lens, you can reverse it in front of the Soligor and turn it into a close-up lens.

Your only expense would be maybe $20 for a reversing ring.

All along I have been very specifically writing about reversing the 6T on the front of the lens, not reversing the lens. Reversing a long zoom lens like the 100-300 would be a major PITA.

If you want a Nikon extension tube, the M-2 is realllllly cheap.

I'm referring to reversing a prime lens in front of the Soligor, not reversing the zoom lens.

Operator --> camera --> zoom lens --> reversing ring --> prime lens --> subject.

I was referencing annamarie's question RE if a reversing ring could allow dust to get into the camera...and if it "could damage the camera"...see Post #32

I think it would be a moot point. Just using your camera can cause it to become damaged, and getting dirt inside one is a fact of life when you use it.

That said, reversing a prime in front of the zoom has the same amount of danger to the camera as spinning on a filter.

I'm referring to reversing a prime lens in front of the Soligor, not reversing the zoom lens.

Operator --> camera --> zoom lens --> reversing ring --> prime lens --> subject.

Ah I got it. Thanks for explaining it to me. Much appreciated.

I can't see why not.

Option No. 3: If you have a prime lens, you can reverse it in front of the Soligor and turn it into a close-up lens.

Your only expense would be maybe $20 for a reversing ring.

I don't have a prime lens just entry level lens. But this is good to know.

Most reactions

Back