What do you think of this photo?

zhoak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I show you here a photo I've done for a catalog of basque folklore clothes. I would like to hear your opinion before i give it to the shop ;)

$IMG_2111ret2red.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...597.1073741835.445270718882515&type=3&theater

Seems slightly underexposed. Also, when I looked at the bigger version it looks like you have some motion blur going on... but I can't tell if that's actually the case or FB's horrible compression. :lol:

Why is she looking off to the side instead of the camera? She seems really stiff. If you were gonna have her look off to the frame, I would have had her do a 3/4 turn and look, rather than keeping her face straight on and turn only her eyes, which lends to the awkwardness. I also wouldn't have cut off her other shoulder, if the emphasis was supposed to be the clothing.

I think with clothes shots the white balance should be spot on. Here it is not right.
And I would like to see both sleeves not being cut off.

looks good to me. give it to them.

ahh ok maby its ****ty facebook compression u.u here is the original:
$IMG_2111 originalred.jpg

Original foto has already the arm cut but i will try to recreate a little more of the photo in the left part then, and put more brightness. ;)

Wardrobe shots should include the entire costume. Give us a full-length shot please. Ask the model to smile or something. Animate the shot.

ahh ok maby its ****ty facebook compression u.u here is the original:
View attachment 66516

Original foto has already the arm cut but i will try to recreate a little more of the photo in the left part then, and put more brightness. ;)

Yeah, zooming in, it looks okay.

I'd sharpen it... or at least her eyes a tad more... up the exposure, and maybe throw on a little bit of a curves layer. (Referencing your edited version).

yeah just too underexposed I think. and would love to see both sleeves.

i had a little play and had a go at fixing that collar it was driving me nuts lol also it looked to red so toned down that a little.

$IMG_2111ret4ret.jpg

Personally the shot is great. Subject is great, but like everyone said she should be cut off like that. She could be doing a different pose which would have gotten you better framing, but after seeing the last post you made with the non-cropped version i got one question,

What made you want to crop it that way? Was it appealing to you? I think it was great too, but not my first option.

$corset thing.jpg
Here's my edit.

1) Much less red/yellow than before for proper WB
2) Untilted (would be nice to have full arm not sliced halfway, but I didn't see that version of it before I started)
3) Brightened the face compared to other stuff and toned down its contrast. Upped contrast on other stuff.
4) Brighter overall
5) bit less saturation on the face, but bit more on other stuff
6) sharper eyes
7) Forgot what else

@Gavjenks OUTSTANDING edit!!!!!

White balance is def an issue in the original post.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back