What do you think...? Please Read! :-)

PicturePerfect4567

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have recently been interested in photography but IDK if it's a talent of mine and if I should pursue it, and if it is a talent what type of photography I should pursue...?

Here is a page of a lot of pictures that I have taken -- I have 3 categories: Scenery, People, and Animals. Scenery is my favorite.

But...I was wondering...Do you think you could tell me what you think of it, if I should pursue it, and what I should pursue if I should pursue it? Please be honest...I want to know what you REALLY think and feel when you look at those pictures.

Thank you :)

http://community.webshots.com/user/Pictu...

To be honest, nothing there is out of this world, but you're a beginner, I don't know why you'd expect to be amazing already.
If you only plan on pursuing a hobby that you're really good at straight away, then you're not gonna have many hobbies...

Part of the fun is learning and bettering your skills until one day you can really impress yourself and other people.

QUOTE]I don't know why you'd expect to be amazing already.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure why you thought the OP thought he/she was but I do think this response was disrespectful.

You got a good eye but its gonna take some practice, you're not going to be amazing as soon as you pic up a camera, no one is, you just have to work at it and get better. So I say, yes pursue it, and for what kind of photography you should do, thats up to you, what do you like to photograph and what don't you like, its all about preference

This isn't something that we should be giving you advice on.

This could be your future career, so you should be the one making the choice!

I don't know why you'd expect to be amazing already.

I am not sure why you thought the OP thought he/she was but I do think this response was disrespectful.

I was simply giving my honest opinion. You're right, the OP never said that they thought they had any talent, maybe I should have said 'why any beginner would expect to be amazing'.

I apologise to the OP if they found my comment disrespectful, it was clearly not my intent.

Having said that, I have to say it's slightly tedious when people are constantly monitored on this forum and are picked up on as soon as they say anything that might be construed in any way as offensive or disrespectful. It is this that creates the incredibly boring 50+ post threads that we've seen in the last few weeks of people arguing over essentially nothing.

Most reactions

Back