What do you think - Too much processing?

dancingsphinx22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
melchelle.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm still practicing with GIMP. I'm wondering how others might perceive this image I was messing around with. Any thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Thanks.

1. Original -
sxknsh.jpg

2. The edit -
24mavzl.jpg

I like it. I actually thing it is not *enough* post processing. I would saturate the colors a bit more too.

This is the kind of photo we take for effect, not for documenting anything. The camera only does half of the job, these days.

This is personal preference, but I don't like the sunburst. However, without the sunburst, it's not enough PP. Need some saturation, and maybe some sharpening.

The white balance also seems to be off. I'm just assuming the wall is supposed to be white, not gray? That night help with the other colors as well :)

I think the burst is attracting attention to an unattractive part of the ornament.

maybe darken and saturate the background and also overlay the burst to make it shorter but brighter?

it just looks cheesy. obvious PP. I cannot think of an instance when I would use that starburst or lens flare in anything I shoot.

get better lighting on your subject and re-shoot.

p!nK

Most reactions

New Topics

Back