What do you think? You won't hurt my feelings...

railman44

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
rr2.JPG

Well, it's kind of a busy image....what is it you want us to see first? The broken trailer? I do like the B&W, although it is a bit flat here. If you are trying to convey a sense of abandonment I would say I got that. Otherwise it comes off a bit randomly to me.

Too many things to focus on. You need to simplify it a bit.

I have to agree. You can't really tell what to look at. It's a good thought but would be awaesome if some of the subjects weren't there.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw this one first in the Gallery, along with two others.
The idea of getting that broken trailer in a photo is good, for it is an interesting object, and to take these in b+w is good, too.
But with the big freight carriages in the background and their coupling, the impact of your motif is thoroughly diminished, if not destroyed, I'd say.

I like the picture, but I think the posts are bothering the picture. Is it possible to clone out the posts. I have just started playing around with the clone tool so I am not sure what can be done?

I think it just needs a little tweaking digitaly to turn it from a good picture to a really good picture. Did you do any post work to the picture?i

Appreciate the input. My only problem is everything you see is static. In other words, nothing moves or changes. I think the thing that jumped out at me was the state of disrepair the luggage carrier was in. That's what I zero in on when I look at the photo. The original photo is 35mm, not digital. I may retake the photo again with perhaps 2" of newly fallen snow on the ground.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back