What do you think????

Gretarose1577

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am a very very very very begginer haha. I am 12 1/2 years old, I love taking photo's Especially of animals (Horses mostly). I took these pictures yesterday, with a camera my older sister Gave me. It is a Canon powershot SD20, Digital ELPH. Well I am not that good, But I enjoy doing it. So here are a couple pictures. Please let me know what you think!!! And tips would also be great!!!!:]];)

re056.jpg

re051.jpg

re050.jpg

re047.jpg

re046.jpg

re045.jpg

re084.jpg

re086.jpg

re087.jpg

Starting early, huh? Good idea! I really like the photos of the horse running. I'm not a huge fan of the last 3 because your crop is really zoomed in and I can't see much of the horses head/eye/etc. Nice shots though! Very beautiful horses!~

Thank you!!! I was trying to get the sky, It was so beautiful out!!!:] Plus trying to take a picture of the horse and myself haha.

whoa...on #1 I almost thought the horse was levitating for a sec, lol. It looks like the back hooves are hovering just above the ground!:lol:

Not bad for a beginner...just keep practicing and learning. And read!

I think because of 7 and 8 you may have a creative eye developing! Some of the running ones are good too. Just keep practicing and reading up on tips. Learn about some technical terms, how to compose your images, everything you can get your hands on. Have fun!

I think because of 7 and 8 you may have a creative eye developing! Some of the running ones are good too. Just keep practicing and reading up on tips. Learn about some technical terms, how to compose your images, everything you can get your hands on. Have fun!

I agree. The best way to start photography, is to start early. From your pictures, I can definitely see you know what a picture is supposed to look like and what it composes of. Just practice your Rule of Thirds.

And it's best if your parents know you're on this site. Parents are a great source of encouragement when it comes to photography, so don't let them miss out.

I am a very very very very begginer haha. I am 12 1/2 years old, I love taking photo's Especially of animals (Horses mostly). I took these pictures yesterday, with a camera my older sister Gave me. It is a Canon powershot SD20, Digital ELPH. Well I am not that good, But I enjoy doing it. So here are a couple pictures. Please let me know what you think!!! And tips would also be great!!!!:]];)
My suggestion is that you practice the framing. Some of the shots were framed quite well, others not so good. For example, if the horse is running to the right, he should be on the left side of the picture so that he has space in front to run toward. Certainly, there's more to photography but that's a good place to start.

Post back again. We'd like to hear from you.

whoa...on #1 I almost thought the horse was levitating for a sec, lol. It looks like the back hooves are hovering just above the ground!:lol:

Im glad I wasnt the only one that noticed the back hooves looked like they were off the ground. I had to take a really good second and third look, to see it right and noticed it was the way the light was reflecting off the horse shoes.

Great start! Keep taking pictures. Take lots and lots of pictures and notice the things you did when you see something that you like. This forum has tons and tons of helpful advice already posted and really nice people that will answer what ever questions you may have. Welcome!

Keep on shooting, you are doing fine and you have lots of time to learn.
Just one note try to shoot vertical as well, it may alow you to frame some of your shots better.

I don't know if anyone has already said these or not, but beware your background. Too much background can be distracting, for example your first picture. The horse looks great but there is so much else to see that it is hard to focus on it. Try to get in close where the subject takes up more of the picture than the background. Also, the picture of the horse jumping is great, but the person standing there smiling is what I very first noticed. If she were cropped out that would be an excellent picture. Good job though.

for a first shot they're very good, i like number 7 quite a lot, its unusual....the ones where the horse is jumping are nice too, keep at him, and like everyone here has said, read a lot about it, you've come to the right place, if you like animals and stuff find the right section here and you can find tips there, also keep an eye on this beginners section, i still learn things everyday and i've been going at it seriously for a while

I think you're off to a good start. There's only one way to improve your photo skills... shoot, shoot, shoot and then shoot some more. Doesn't hurt to be your own worst critic either.

And if photographing horses is your thing then you go for it... I mean they're gorgeous animals!

I think these are really great. I especially like the jumping photos although I do agree with a previous poster that the first one would be improved if the woman on the side were cropped out. I also like the second to last photo as a more creative, unique point of view.

Most reactions

Back