What do you think

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by TheDev, May 6, 2009.

1. TheDev

TheDev TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I am just starting to play around with photoshop so I'm interested to know if the changes I made enhanced the photo.

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

2. ShotGunNik

ShotGunNik TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #1 I like because I can see the detail of the clouds more and the plant colors are not as washed out as in #2, nice shot otherwise.

3. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Overall I rather like the original shot (and I don't normally like these shorts of shot). However I think your edit has taken something good and broken it. The traks have come out well, but the sky and trees look wrong.

I feel as if traks have come out well in the edit, you have made the light more interesting and more evening like, but the sky and trees are looking all wrong. The sky most of all since its now really overblue to my view and a little purply. I can certainly understand that move since in the original it looks very grey but it is showing details that the edit is hiding away.

Its tricky to say more - I am not sure how to edit the sky to show better and I would leave the trees alone - the tracks from the edit are looking good, but placed with grey sky they look out of place. It might be shooting again in evening lighting or dawn lighting for better lighting or even using 2 shots to combine well exposed sky and well exposed forground together.

Composition looks ok to me, but its really not my sort of shot so I can't really go any further on that front.

I like what I see in the original but I feel as if its missing some key elements to make the shot really stand out

4. kalmkidd

kalmkidd TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    2 is way to blown looks like u just lightened in and saturated the ish out o fit. number 1 is much better. unless u saturate some color but NOT the sky