what do you think!!

Read some online reviews. I read a few that said it was super sharp, great optics. It only does 1:10 macro - that's not really macro in my opinion. Macro lenses are like 1:2 or true 1:1.

f/3.5 max aperture makes it not-so-good for portraits..

I think the asking price is kinda high as well. I'd pass on it. Keep an eye on craigslist if you want old F-mount Nikkor lenses. There's a treasure trove of old lenses for sale by people who just wanna get rid of the stuff. Also check used sections of sites like Adorama. I got a used lens from Adorama recently and it's beautiful - saved 1/3 off the list price as well.

......check used sections of sites like Adorama. I got a used lens from Adorama recently and it's beautiful - saved 1/3 off the list price as well.

Delighted to hear it!

BTW I'm only an email away for advice and after-sales support with any order from Adorama Camera: [email protected], but please don't forget that we are in the midst

of our Fall holiday period. Adorama NYC Retail Store schedule:
Yom Kippur: We will close on Friday, September 17, 2010 at 1:00pm and will reopen on Sunday September 19,at 9:30 am
Sukkoth: We will close Wednesday, September 22, 2010 at 2:30pm and will reopen on Sunday October 3 at 9:30 am

Adorama phone-sales department - will be closed:Yom Kippur: Friday, September 17, 9:00am—1:00pm

Thank you for your understanding

Most reactions

Back