What do you think?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by slimpickins70, Jan 19, 2007.

1. slimpickins70

slimpickins70 TPF Noob!

1. canon 350d body only new, 285 + tax

2. canon 350d body only new, case battery and charger 279 + tax

3. canon 400d body only new, 340 + tax

4. canon 400d body only new, case battery and charger 349 + tax

well is the 400 worth the extra 50 bucks? or are these prices too good to be true?

also i plan on using my canon zoom 35-80mm 1:4-5.6 from my rebel G. or should i should i think about getting one of the 18-55mm lenses. i think it's only about 100 bucks more.

Thanks

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes. The lowest price on the internet usually is. Check out this site and look up the name of the stores you are looking at.
    Check out B&H and Adorama...those are about the best real prices you will find...and they are reputable stores.

An extra $50...I'd say yes...but it's probably more than that, at a reputable store.

I would suggest getting the 18-55 lens with the camera. With many of the digital SLR cameras...there is a 'crop factor' which essentially makes the lenses feel like they are longer than they do on 35mm film SLR cameras. With this camera, it's a factor of 1.6...so you 35-80mm would feel like a 56-128mm. That's not a very wide view. The 18-55mm would be much more of a 'normal' view. For more info...just search for 'crop factor'.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

3. slimpickins70

slimpickins70 TPF Noob!

Big Mike,

thanks for the heads up. both of the stores i was looking at seem to be full of it.
    also thanks for the lens tip.