What Do You Think?

vandecarr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do you like this idea?

Here is what I did. I used a variation on a B&W conversion I learned from Katrin Eismann.

After that I went into blending modes, split the IF underlying layers slider and allowed a little color back in and then made it look a little noisy and old.

Then, using color balance, I warmed it up a bit.

It sounds like a lot, but whole process only takes about one minute.

1_2.jpg

Thanks,
Mike V

what was your purpose in doing this? That might help me to understand what's going on. For me as is, I'm thinking "why would you do this to a cute kid? Highlight the background and add noise?"

But, if I knew the purpose it might change the way I view the photo. the blue that you have in the background gets into the hair as well which is kind of awkward.

Hmnn for me blue has always been cold, did you warm it up in another way? I like the zones in the shot, perhaps a little more detail in the hair would have helped. I would have done this to something i wanted to make look rustic, so nice affect, possibly a couple of old musical instruments etc.

tim

I didn't really have any purpose, just messing around with a bunch of different ideas and mixing them together to see what happens.

Mike V

If you did not really have any purpose but were only testing the many possibilities of PS, why don't you show us the original photo instead? I would like to see that one. And is this child the same as in the photo with the colourful background. I called it "she" there :oops: ... is it a "he"?

Most reactions

Back