What do you think?

Just had to say your daughter is a little angel and these pics are really cute! What kind of equipment were you using - camera, lens, lights, etc.? I bet you'll have many more to share with the forum in the future!

very nice.....except i would prefer the first one's skin tone to be a bit warmer......i like healthy look on babies.....just a preference thingy

Here is the original. I agree that it should have more color when I took a good look at it. Thanks for the comments. Let me know if you think this one is better. The equipment I was using was a Nikon D80 with a Nikkor 18-135 mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED lens. The lighting setup I used was just a basic softbox.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kholland/401906614/

You seem to have your own style. I like it. Good work with lighting, poses, and choice of subjects. I can envision these pics as being heirlooms hanging on the next generation's walls.

#2,#3 are quite nice, they look sharp (altho it is difficult to tell at the sie posted) and they muted color is perfect for the poses/clothes.

They are not particularly well-cropped. The height/width ratio is off and there is lots of spece above and below her that hurts the imapct of the image.

i like the original better.......and it sounds funny when you say you use a light tent....because i never thought you could use a light tent for live beings.....but i guess you could with the big tents.....next time i know what to do when i need better distribution of light with babies.....hehe ^_^

It's not a light tent. Just a light with the diffusor on it. Maybe I said it wrong as I am new to this photography stuff. Sorry to confuse.

#2,#3 are quite nice, they look sharp (altho it is difficult to tell at the sie posted) and they muted color is perfect for the poses/clothes.

They are not particularly well-cropped. The height/width ratio is off and there is lots of spece above and below her that hurts the imapct of the image.
Do you think I should just crop some off the top and the bottom? I will mess around with it and see what I can come up with and repost it. Thanks for your comments.

I know this is probably a really silly question, but how would I go about cropping them to that size? Like I've said, I'm really new to photography so I don't know all that much yet. I would like it if you could help me. Thank you so much!

This thread does not fully follow the guidelines for our Photo Critique Forum, that is why I moved it to People and Pets.

Pretty daughter in a lovely outfit ... and so good to be daughter to a mommy who has a studio in her home. (Or a corner and lights that can serve as one)! Welcome to ThePhotoForum! :D

Sorry I posted in the wrong area. I'm am new to here. Thank you for correcting it though. And, I'm glad to be here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back