What do you think?

Well, I'm 22...so not so long, really. The bulk of my current portfolio was shot intermittently over the course of a couple years after I first got started. I've been on a very long hiatus from actually shooting, with one or two exceptions. If you wanted to tally up the amount of time I've spent actually engaged in shooting (doing it on a regular basis), it would probably only come to about 2 years. Making that admission probably hurts my credibility on the board. Most people equate knowledge, or even a good eye, with decades of experience. They do tend to go hand in hand. But as for my self-esteem, I care much more about being in a position where after only a couple years I'm producing some pieces that I'm really proud of, than my reputation for being knowledgeable on this website.

Sorry I should have posted in the e-dating section of the forum.

Though she does appear to be my age. I just noticed the "85" part of her name, now that you mention it.

And Nossie: check my "The Whole Series" thread..I responded to your comment.

Well, I'm 22...so not so long, really. The bulk of my current portfolio was shot intermittently over the course of a couple years after I first got started. I've been on a very long hiatus from actually shooting, with one or two exceptions. If you wanted to tally up the amount of time I've spent actually engaged in shooting (doing it on a regular basis), it would probably only come to about 2 years. Making that admission probably hurts my credibility on the board. Most people equate knowledge, or even a good eye, with decades of experience. They do tend to go hand in hand. But as for my self-esteem, I care much more about being in a position where after only a couple years I'm producing some pieces that I'm really proud of, than my reputation for being knowledgeable on this website.

I'm 22 also and like I was saying in another thread I really wish I would have been able to appreciate photography earlier in life. If you don't mind me asking, how come you haven't been shooting? Did you go to school for photography or are you self taught? Do you have any pictures I could look at. I am just curious to see what yours look like :)

I'm 22 also and like I was saying in another thread I really wish I would have been able to appreciate photography earlier in life. If you don't mind me asking, how come you haven't been shooting? Did you go to school for photography or are you self taught? Do you have any pictures I could look at. I am just curious to see what yours look like :)

Well I took a year off from school, so I'm finishing up my senior year now. I've been absolutely killing myself in school these last two years (since I got back). These days I'm just completely drained...not to mention I have so much work that just finding time to shoot can be really hard. I needed to get my stuff together during my year off, and I found shooting to be really therapeutic. I'm just now really getting back in to it. I've got a lot of concepts running around in my head. I just need to find/make time to shoot them. I'm almost entirely self-taught when it comes to technical stuff, though I've learned a lot conceptually from my mentor Caroline Vaughan, who studied under Imogen Cunningham and Minor White. There aren't many of my pictures floating around the board right now. You can check out this thread (http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1022622#post1022622). I'm currently reorganizing my portfolio, so I'll be mosting some more of my (older) work as soon as I finish that.

WOW...before I reply to the rest of your message, those pictures are amazing! The compositions are amazing, I think you caught feeling, and the black and white looks perfect to me. I know sometimes when I convert my pics to black and white they look like garbage...(ok I don't really know why I am comparing my photos to yours:confused:) Anyway what I am trying to say is they are great! I can't wait to see more!

Aww thanks. :hugs:

Don't put yourself down over being a beginner. I'm practically a beginner compared to half the pros I know. Just get out there and keep shooting and eventually everything will come together.

calm down you two your embarrissing me :):hugs:

Max, I never laughed so hard in all my life! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

skieur

No lie...one of my friends got a call on his cell from Alec Baldwin, who was calling from rehab to tell him to stop smoking weed. (apparently his god-mother is friends with Baldwin).

That was probably the hardest I've ever laughed.

And piss off, the both of you.

Well I took a year off from school, so I'm finishing up my senior year now. I've been absolutely killing myself in school these last two years (since I got back). These days I'm just completely drained...not to mention I have so much work that just finding time to shoot can be really hard. I needed to get my stuff together during my year off, and I found shooting to be really therapeutic. I'm just now really getting back in to it. I've got a lot of concepts running around in my head. I just need to find/make time to shoot them. I'm almost entirely self-taught when it comes to technical stuff, though I've learned a lot conceptually from my mentor Caroline Vaughan, who studied under Imogen Cunningham and Minor White. There aren't many of my pictures floating around the board right now. You can check out this thread (http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1022622#post1022622). I'm currently reorganizing my portfolio, so I'll be mosting some more of my (older) work as soon as I finish that.

So, what are you going to school for? You said you are primarily self taught so I am assuming photography isn't your major. I am also in school and graduate in the spring (yay!!) I am going for social work and originally I wanted to work for the department of social services....but....in my perfect world, I would just be a photographer. I love taking pictures and although I am just starting to get into manual, I could see myself doing it the rest of my life. I don't really want to do weddings or studio type work. I love just capturing real life moments. I love all the feeling that you can get out of one photograph, and how it can tell a story. Someday I would love to have pictures that just speak to people..make them smile or cry...just have some sort of connection. Anyway...I always end up rambling......

his head seems a bit hazy

and hes a bit off centre, which is distracting

either go with the rule of thirds or place him smack in the centre

Most reactions

New Topics

Back