What do you use to get your photos online?

SomberVision

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm wandering what you guys use to get your photos online? Im assuming your useing scanners but some of them look so clear. So if your using a scanner what kind? If you are using some other method please share.

hey somber!

To answer your question briefly...Most of the folks on here are split down the middle. We have a core group of people who are die hard digital(manda, photobug), then there are the old schoolers who are still using film(myself and voodoo included). erego...it all depends...the better the scanner, the better the clarity and overall quality will be. The better the camera, the crisper, and more clearer the picture will be...

hope that helped, and sorry if i labeled anyone incorrectly!

md

Well the easiest method is when you shoot with a digital camera.

Otherwise you need a scanner. Either a flatbed scanner to scan prints or a slide/negative scanner to scan negatives and slides. I use a slide/negative scanner.

One thing that should always be done on a scan or from a digital camera is to use the unsharp mask.

well i use my friend's scanner for smaller stuff.
for my band's CD cover i took the negative to a proffessional place. good place there. I also take pictures for my school's yearbook there. but all along we've had a scanner at our school. which ticks me off that we've been spending $15 per 10 by 15 when we already had the equipment. oh well.

It sharpens up the photo. Scanning tends to soften photos. And with digital photos, I don't like how strong the anti-aliasing is. I usually go for 50-100%.

I still rely on a lab for my hi res scans to a CD. Don't have a film scanner. I also use an online lab for some of my rolls and use their scans of my photos for web posting.

dlc said:
I still rely on a lab for my hi res scans to a CD. Don't have a film scanner. I also use an online lab for some of my rolls and use their scans of my photos for web posting.
What is the dpi they are scanned?
I brought slides to a lab and they charged $.85/scan + $10 to burn to cd... for 2400 dpi.

That inspired me to purchase my scanner...

voodoocat....They don't mention dpi, but they are 18mb scans and cheap at the time of processing plus $9 for the Kodak CD and the CD can be appended up to 108 images. They are high enough res that they need to be down-sized for web posting. It's dalelabs.com Their catalog is on their website PDF.

MDowdey said:
We have a core group of people who are die hard digital(manda, photobug)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pfffttttttttttttttttttt!

Excuse me?! I have posted I think 3 photographs on this site which were digital, the rest have been film! Please don't put me in the die hard digital category, I :heart: film!!!!!
I am a lover of both worlds, but to be honest I think real photography is film.... :wink:

Most reactions

Back