What does everyone do for a living?

NakedAnt said:
Pizza delivery. As you can imagine I'm a hit with the ladies. :|
Department of Labor's 2002 list of the 10 most dangerous jobs in America has pizza delivery driver ranked as #5. Hope you get danger pay. :shock:

core_17 said:
Wow...that's pretty neat, Mentos!

yeah but extremely tiring.. you see.. working with kids (remember I was 10 then) was hard. I mean, sometimes you spend 18 hours in the studio and as a result you get a 30 minutes programme :)

I work on a support desk for Canada's largest photofinisher as a Imaging Support and Quality Analyst. On the weekends I do freelance work for aviation magazines in Canada and the US.

Cheers,

Eric

I was with the Marketing Division of a pharmaceutical manufacturing company (uncle's firm). Recently got the reins to handle the international trading of non-pharma stuff with the same group.

But nothing like doing photography full time! :D

Walt said:
NakedAnt said:
Pizza delivery. As you can imagine I'm a hit with the ladies. :|
Department of Labor's 2002 list of the 10 most dangerous jobs in America has pizza delivery driver ranked as #5. Hope you get danger pay. :shock:
The owner of my particular establishment is barely a human - he keeps more than half the delivery charge and frequently accepts delveries miles outside of a resonable range :evil: Fortunatly he stopped allowing us to go to the sketchy part of town after not one, not two, three hold-ups :roll: This guy is a gem. I believe the updated list has it at about #3. Or so I've been told. Thank Jeezus I'm going to school for EE!

Thought I'd revive this thread for a few reasons...We have a lot more people on the forum since this post was last replied to; I just wanted to let it be known that most of us are more than photographers; I'm nosey: and I just got promoted into managament at the insurance company I work for. :D

Just been reading about everyones jobs. Very funny thread.

I'm a uni student as well studying french. I've just been teaching english for the past year in france. And I want to become an Air Traffic Controller! :shock: I know... I'm crazy.

But I've also worked in a Bakery, a chocolate shop (yum!), a balloon decorating shop, a doctor's surgery, on a boat, in an aquarium, a tour business, a coffee shop, also walking around delivering flyers (yuk!). So very varied - but I loved all my jobs - except the coffee shop and flyers.

My brother and I are starting a business. We build guitars and restore old violins/guitars. Some day I will also go into building violins, mandolins and acoustic guitars. But for now(lack of tools and experience) we are sticking with electric guitars.:D
I have always wanted to start my own business and it's finally becoming a reality! :)

I also do photography/graphic work on the side and I actually make more money at that than I do with the guitars right now :lmao:
But since I'm only 17 I don't have to make a steady income which gives me time to get my business going! :D

I never saw this thread on its first go-round. I'm currently a professional portrait, wedding, and sports photographer, but might be going into corporate training in the future (money's better).

I work all over the shop! (bad pun) I'm studying retail at TAFE (college) whilst working in a fish and chip shop some nites and playing drums in a paying pub band aswell as doing automotive photography (I usually charge from $50 down to a case of beer. :) )

I am the manager of a local shoe store and a college student.

i Graduate in August and after that is anyones guess. i think im going back to school to become a writer.

md

I work as a continuous improvement consultant for a large UK company, and get to go into some difficult environments and influence change - whatever that may look like. I'm also responsible for developing and maintaining the intranet, which kinda takes a back seat depending on where I'm working.

I also do some web dev in my spare time, but I don't get a lot of that lately, so very rarely take jobs.

Photography is a hobby, I've had an interest for years, but never really done anything about it, till now.

I work in the recruiting department, as of right now I am an Admin Assistant, hopefully to be a recruiter some day...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back