What does it all mean??

Just out of curiosity, why did you buy the lens when you didn't know anything about it? Did you just want a longer telephoto lens?

Well, I wanted an all purpose lens. I have a Kodak 80-210mm & a Tamron 28-80mm but the feet (or part that attaches to the camera body) just broke recently on the 28-80mm which put me in the market for a new one. I switch between the two so often I thought this lens would make life easier.

Would it make anyone feel better to know I spent $100 on it. Found it on ebay...excellent condition, no scratches, no wear.

I really thought I knew more about photography until I stumbled onto this site. It's really been a slap in the face... I realize that even the most beautful shots can have problems with them. Problems I never would have noticed had I not viewed other critiques. I have a lot to learn.

I really appreciate the info from all.

So...what is the feeling on the lens. Disregard the circumstances in which it was purchased. Is the lens itself worth making space in the camera bag. Should it be resold or can it be useful?

Would it make anyone feel better to know I spent $100 on it. Found it on ebay...excellent condition, no scratches, no wear.

Actually, that does change my view -- the lens retails for around $300, I think? And for $100 the lens does...well, it does take pictures. And while the pictures perhaps won't be fantastic, from looking at a few reviews it looks like they won't be affirmatively awful either. And...well, heck, it's $100. Not chump change, sure, but it's not like you'll be eating Ramen for a month to pay for the lens. So if you use it for a while, take pictures with it, and get some amount of pleasure out of doing so....well, Lord knows I've blown $100 on less... :er:

If you later decide to upgrade, there are, of course, better lenses out there -- but with the exception of one or two, they're all much more than $100. So until you get to the point of wanting to buy those other lenses, I'd say go ahead and enjoy this one -- it takes pictures, the pictures should be alright, and so long as you're happy...then all is right in the universe. :wink:

True true. I plan on being educated for all future purchases.
By the way, I enjoy your signature.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back