What driver for 300D?

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Ghoste, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Ghoste

Ghoste TPF Noob!

I'm borrowing a rebel from someone and didn't get the software, and I don't have a card reader, what's the driver I need to just get the pictures off the card from the camera? I don't want any other crap lol.

2. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

If you can get hold of a Mac with OSX Canon drivers are already loaded as standard.

3. Ghoste

Ghoste TPF Noob!

I don't have a mac, I'm getting a powerbook soon though :)

4. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

You'll love it. With Canon it's just plug-and-play and you store your images in iPhoto.

5. Ghoste

Ghoste TPF Noob!

Oh man, I can't wait. But I have a list of stuff I want.. and I kinda need to put it in order of importance.

I need, a 20D as soon as I can, I would really like to get my Powerbook and also I need a car.. not that bad, since my parents let me take theirs all the time, but they still tell me to get a car lol. And I really need to get a camera because I've been getting a lot of small clients that I can just shoot digital for and I want a laptop so I can load everyrthing to that at the job site. Plus I can take the laptop with me to work =) Hmm, what else.. I dunno.

6. Polygon

Polygon TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Don't know about Canon but the Nikons are detected as standard USB mass storage devices and therefore need no special driver in Windows 2000/XP. Maybe just try and plug it in, if you haven't already done so.

7. DocFrankenstein

DocFrankenstein Clinically Insane?

canons are detected, UNLESS you're shooting raw. Then you need zoom browser to see/dload them.

Get a cardreader. Dloading with canon is a PITA.
    The battery will die in the middle of the card and you won't be able to get your images till you recharged it.
    A gig will probably take 1.5 hours to transfer.

And if you want a 20D, then you NEED a cardreader anyways.

8. Ghoste

Ghoste TPF Noob!

Yeah I can get a $30 one from my work for like $10 lol.

9. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    With my canon 350D I just connected the USB lead and the computer detected it as a mass usb storage device.... or something like that... even when I'm shotting raw they all show up. I dunno if that'll be the same for the 300D though. (and I've never had the battery die mid transfer).

Definately get the card reader though. I bought one of those PCMCIA card adaptors and I just put the CF card in there in my laptop and it works a charm. It's a little slow, but I'm in no rush, I just let it do its thing. It's amazing how you realise how annoying that little white lead is once you don't need it anymore.

Although with the card reader, I find I'm forgetting my card a lot more often coz I just leave it in there. Make sure you get into a routine of taking it out straight after it's all downloaded (or whatever) so that you don't forget it it one important day.