What else but the camera?

[QUOTE="dasmith232, post: 3760338, member: QUOTE]

An alarm clock!

Many of the best landscape pictures are taken long before most of the hordes of people are awake. The light can be amazing and the people won't be in the frame![/QUOTE]

yes, and there's even apps for the best photoraphy time, direction and GPS
(just show up)
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

As a starter kit I'd keep it to a minimum at first. It's very easy to get lost in the world of gear when you are starting off. A rainproof cover (essential to me in Scotland, possibly less use if you live in a desert) is worth having if you are out and about. I also carry a fair few microfibre cloths (the kind you clean a pair of glasses with). A memory card is essential and if you want the capibility to do any editing some software. A bag is also handy if you are out and about. The only other thing I'd buy initially would be a decent book on photography, Scott Kelby or John Hedgecoe spring to mind.

Other than that I'd wait until you've done a bit of shooting and then see what you need to buy in order to get the shots you want and you'll have a better idea of where you need to spend ti get results. The kit lenses are pretty capable for landscapes and close ups (I think most have a minimum focus distance of around 8 inches.

PS don't bother with UV filters unless you need some new coasters for your coffee table.

In addition to a good book related to the camera you get, I highly recommend a Digital Photography course at your local Community College.

Most reactions

Back