What else need to be done?

hahastar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I don't find the picture interesting, but I don't know what I can do to improve it(besides remove the shade). Composition? Exposure? Any help will be appreciated.

resized 2.JPG

resized1.JPG

Here are a couple different takes on your photo. I sharpened it a bit, adjusted the contrast and cropped it. Personally I am not a big fan of selective coloring but sometimes it can make an otherwise dull photo more interesting. Also turning a photo into BW will make it a bit more interesting as well.
resized2021.jpg

resized20212.jpg

thanks for the help. I like the selective coloring you did ont the first one!!

In fact, I will go there again to re-take the pic, how do you think the composition , exposure, or anything that can improve the pic?
many thanks.

Both shots feel underexposed to me.

Thoughts:

(1) Heal/Clone those dust spots out of the sky.
(2) Messing with the levels to up the contrast would help a lot.
(3) Tweak the color balance a bit - but with a proper exposure this shouldn't be necessary.

Just as an example, here's what I did for #2. Took me only about a minute or two.

resized1.JPG

It's still not stunning per say, but a lot nicer to my eyes.

the 2nd shot is defintly better. the 2nd shot looks like you have a purpose for the image. there is little doubt the subject is the tree, possibly you could even lose a little bitmore of the sky, but that's just nitpicking. the 1st leaves me feeling like it was more of a snapshot then anything else, for the reason that it's got a lot of dead space and a lack of clear purpose.

although not pure, adding clouds to the sky would help remove "dead" space a great deal.

to help the first picture, reshoot at night and setting the tree on fire would definitly make it "snappier" ;)

Most reactions

Back