what else would you do to this picture?

OnlyAGlimmer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm trying to learn more photoshop techniques so I'm taking my worst pictures and trying to see what I can improve on them

right now I have this.. (not a special picture.. just one I was going to give to some friends that I snapped at a church picnic)

before..
before-1.jpg

what I have so far..

after.jpg

I basically tried to bring back the blown areas and then saturated the background more. Desat the face and shirts a tad because they were overwhelming. One thing I'd watch in your edit is that really light area around the subjects. It's distracting, imo. If you're just wanting to bring more attention to them, I think I'd go for burning the edges a tiny bit instead.:wink: Oh, and the edit has a cyan tint to it I think? Something. I can't put my finger on it. I can see it in the girl's hair.

Here's my super fast edit on it...spent less than 5 minutes.;) With more time spent on it, you could easily do more with it. I think the tone is STILL to warm even with my edit. But, I know that Leann (the girl) does have tan skin and Daniel (the guy) does seem to have a natural red tint...especially that day since everyone was hot from the relay races. Another idea is to convert it to b&w. Anyways, here's mine.

before-1a.jpg

that's the main thing that is bugging me.. the skin tones.. nothing looks right to me LOL

this color seems better to me?
aftercopy.jpg

anything else you notice you would change? I actually like the larger burned area (that is burned edges in the pic :).. just a larger area) but I'll try it with a smaller burn. I took out the washed out places on her face and his from the sun, lightened the shadow under his cap, whitened his teeth, and lightened the shadow on his arm. (and the background)

Looking better. I would still lower the washed out area around them. It's driving me bonkers. lol I think that if the contrast between the dark edges & the washed out area around them was a little less, it'd work fine. Btw, I like that the excess stuff around them was cloned out. Makes it look better as well.

Anyways, definitely better than from where it started. I'd just fix the other thing I mentioned above. Oh, and *maybe* desat the shirts a tad? They have a pink tint to me. Ok..off to do housework like I'm suppose to be doing. lol

I think its cool what you have done

Most reactions

Back