What Film to use?

Pull means lying to your camera and saying you're using 200 speed film, but you'll have to make up with adjusting the times of processing.

ok so as stated above I only need to tell the people developing my film that I pulled or pushed my film. Does every developer allow this method pf pushing/pulling? or do I need to go to a special lab for the developments?

If you want to have some fun, take some fast B&W film like 800 or 1600 to the dentist and have him shoot it with a few rads. When you shoot the film push and pull it anyway you want just for the heck of it and see what comes out when you develop it. If you want to reproduce the results (as close as you can) take copious notes on the test shots you take.

Pull means lying to your camera and saying you're using 200 speed film, but you'll have to make up with adjusting the times of processing.

ok so as stated above I only need to tell the people developing my film that I pulled or pushed my film. Does every developer allow this method pf pushing/pulling? or do I need to go to a special lab for the developments?
Most places should be able to do it. It would be a good idea to call them first though.

If they don't know what you're talking about, take your film somewhere else.

Shoot a roll of PanF. Develop in just about anything.

Yes. That's where I keep all of mine.

That, or the freezer.

If it's been kept in the cold, you can pretty much ignore the expiration date...

Even at room temperature, expired film would still be usable.

so I just got my canon ae-1 today...i'm excited! :thumbup: so when i'm done with the roll of film how do I proceed? Do i Just take it out? won't the light mess it up once i take it out or what? please explain.

thanks!!!!!!!

ok so after I rewind the film I just take it out and then what...? where do I store it?
I put mine in the fridge until I process it. What film are you using?

ok sounds good. fridge it afterwards...film using: 8 KODAK TRI-X PAN B&W 400 GOLD 100 200 FUJI 400 FILM 35 - eBay (item 110547172784 end time Jun-21-10 10:57:51 PDT)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
another question on film. i'm about to be traveling in a few days and was wondering if its safe to bring film pass the x-rays and everything? today I went to a camera shop and saw they had some specialize bag for this for $15...didn't get it cuz I didn't know If I needed it or not.

Have your film hand inspected. Keep it in a separate Ziploc bag so you can just hand the whole thing to them.

Read this.

They say anything under ISO 800 is safe to go through. I would have it hand inspected anyway though, just to be safe.

Also, they say it can go through 5 times before it could actually mess it up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back