What Film to use?

Have your film hand inspected. Keep it in a separate Ziploc bag so you can just hand the whole thing to them.

Read this.

They say anything under ISO 800 is safe to go through. I would have it hand inspected anyway though, just to be safe.

Also, they say it can go through 5 times before it could actually mess it up.

thank you. looks like my film will be safe. only gonig to be exposed to xrays twice (carry on)

cheers!:mrgreen:

what a safe aperture/shutter speed for 100-200-400 asa film? I will be shooting outdoors.

Ask your light meter. :)

ok cool. could I also just use my digital camera to test settings before I shoot with film...

You could... But that seems kind of redundant. Just pay attention to the meter. You'll be alright.

yea, that's stupid. follow the meter in your film camera, or your external light meter if you have one.

so of course today was the first time I took out my mint contdion canon ae-1 program and the strap comes loose and it drops on the sidewalk. :(

There are a few small scracthes...nothing major...however I've noticed some distortion in the corner of the lens? at least thats wat i think it is..could just be dirty..but I cleaned everything and there are some black dots...I see from taking the lens off right above the mirror there some black rubber stuff that seems to be the issue.

However, it seems to be pushed up into the camera, and I can't really reach it to clean. everything else seems clean..mirror lens...any advice on how clean this rubber stuff...???

Well, that's no good!

That black stuff is probably the foam bumper pads breaking down... Take a look at the shutter. Does it still look clean?

That stuff can find it's way onto the shutter and cause it to stick.

'Right above the mirror' is probably the focusing screen. It won't affect the pictures, but it is annoying to look at... Be very careful if you try to clean it. The focusing screen (and the mirror) is pretty delicate - you don't want to damage it.

Well, that's no good!

That black stuff is probably the foam bumper pads breaking down... Take a look at the shutter. Does it still look clean?

That stuff can find it's way onto the shutter and cause it to stick.

'Right above the mirror' is probably the focusing screen. It won't affect the pictures, but it is annoying to look at... Be very careful if you try to clean it. The focusing screen (and the mirror) is pretty delicate - you don't want to damage it.

ya thats def the foam bumpers...the shutter still looks clean. focusing screen looks clean as well... so far i've only used a microfiber cloth to slightly clean the mirror. I'm taking it into a shop tomorrow, hopefully they can figure it out and clean it out accordingly.

Hi..............:hug::

I am interested in making a film using solely 3D animation and special effects, what program should I use? I need something free and simple that I could download from the internet.

:lmao:

I recommend using Maya.
icon2.gif

Here's the link to the free personal learning edition of Maya:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ind…

DAZ Studio is free
http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/software/studio…

ya thats def the foam bumpers...the shutter still looks clean. focusing screen looks clean as well... so far i've only used a microfiber cloth to slightly clean the mirror. I'm taking it into a shop tomorrow, hopefully they can figure it out and clean it out accordingly.
You should also probably invest in a new strap :)

looks like I need a new camera. repair cost $150 :er:

spent $75 for the camera.

well I guess thats life. **** happens.

Yep that sucks. I suppose the silver lining is that you'll never do that again. Did the repair place say what was actually wrong with it?

Most reactions

Back