What happened to the sun?

GooseEgg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_0064.jpg
[/IMG]

I shot this the other day, and I don't understand what happened to the sun. It showed up like that in most of the shots I took that day.

Thanks

Looks like a sun to me. Maybe the sun was having some crazy solar flairs or something was changing with it the day you took those pics

I agree it looks pretty crazy! Out of all the shots this was the worst one. It is visible in the others, just not near as bad.

Makes me hungry for sunny side eggs! Had the sun do that exactly in Haiti. If I can find the shot I will post it here as well. I kinda like that effect to be honest.

It's the sun overloading your CCD. Some ccd's give the opposite effect and give a dark or black pancake, others are black with small white centre, and some like yours, white flat centre.

Thanks y'all, and to fastr1red: what exactly is the CCD, and do you know how I could avoid this in the future?

usually when you take pics of the sun, doesnt it come up as a black dot?

Josh that makes sense, it is really over exposed. and I have taken several pictures of the sun and never had it show up as a black dot.

Yup, it looks like it's just overloading your sensor (digital film).

I can't explain why but from my observations, CCD blooming is more pronounced if the bright light source falls at the near corners of the frame (sensor).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back