What happens at Big Bear stays at Big Bear

I agree image is ok just the way it is.... Title to me simply says, heres a guy going a bit crazy, cutting loose, stress relief , etc etc...

i think the frame is good... its a guy jumping into the water here, take it for what it is... A very good capture, its not a Brandenburg Wildlife shot??

I also wonder why there is always such a need for everyone to crop someones shot?? I always feel this somehow cheats the original post??

Well in my case, I crop them because when they say okay to edit, I think they are looking for a different look. I'm not meaning to be offensive and not meaning to disrespect anyone at all. People are more than welcome to crop mine to change anything about them. An edit in my opinion is just than an opinion it is up to the shooter to decide.

I do it mostly because people don't seem to realize their camera's work vertically as well as horizontally. Like i said best to ignore a crop you think is wrong, but please tell me where the harm is in seeing a different way? I think people learn by seeing what the alternative looks like. Most of the problems I see aren't techie they are simple composition.

Since you have do not edit, I never crop yours no matter what I think. But you are free to crop or do anything else you want to my shots.

mysteryscribe.... If the poster agrees , well what can ya say... I'm just saying it makes it very complicated to come into a post and see all these different versions... then everyone usually starts critiquing the different crops, and a mess begins...

Example ... Industrial cow... hmmm posted, followed by 3 new versions of the original, other comments, and one arguement... to me thats as much Bull as the cow in the pic.. seems like about every post I see where someone goes and crops/re do someones photo, an argument is sure to follow..

Robin sorry to do this on your post, but what I'm doing right now is Ex-actly what I'm talking about... distracting the thread... I apologize..

The image is great the way it is, leave it alone. The guy in the air mirrors the tree which is being blown the other way. It's awesome. Well done.

You might consider dodging out some of the action between his legs. By taking away a little of the detail a viewer will be less inclined to look there.
Thank you :) btw that guy in the air is me :thumbup:

I agree image is ok just the way it is.... Title to me simply says, heres a guy going a bit crazy, cutting loose, stress relief , etc etc...

i think the frame is good... its a guy jumping into the water here, take it for what it is... A very good capture, its not a Brandenburg Wildlife shot??

I also wonder why there is always such a need for everyone to crop someones shot?? I always feel this somehow cheats the original post??

Thank you for the support. I dont mind people editing my pictures but sometimes I feel you about the whole cropping off till there is about only 30% of the original picture bothers me. I like to see something as a whole of it, rather than trying to isolate something a bit off and making it the new center of attention.

The high contrasted one is solid. The WAY crop isn't (cause then it loses that sense of wide open personality it had going for it).

the tight corp was in respons to why is a single figure usually a verticle crop not meant for this shot at all. It is in the body of the post that it is in response to the question by the poster after the slight crop to 4x5 and the increase in contast that was my suggestion. Sorry for the misunderstanding./

Most reactions

New Topics

Back