what has been your most dangerous pic?

captain-spanky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.higg.co.uk
inspired by Bean's river pic... just wonderin if anyone else has got some really dangerous looking pics?
ever put yourself ar risk to get that shot? :shock:
:lol: :lol:
the most dangerous thing i did was to try and get a streaky tail lights/night shot on a road with my digicam when i was drunk. I laid on the road to get a worms eye view... i only realised how stupid it was when i woke in the morning and realised what i did...

and then i found i deleted the pic by accident because i was so drunk! :oops:

I do dangerous/stupid photography all the time....and love it!
Weekend just gone i climbed the under side of a railway bridge then swung an arm up between the sleepers to lay the camera on the track. If i could link my pics into the forum i could show you the result.
Though i think the most dangerous thing you can do is try to take a photos of strangers without asking them.

1147Mike-Ocean.jpg

I was in Hawaii with some buddies for the millennium new year celebrations. We were staying with some surfers so one day we saw this great little beach and they wanted to go surfing. They went out to the big waves while us land-lubbers decided to play in the surf at the beach...dispite the several warning signs that said "No Swimming" & "Dangerous Short Break".

The waves were vicious and it was great fun. You would be standing in two feet of water and the wave would crash well over your head. I took out my water-proof disposable camera and took a few shots...trying for a look of desperation. After that I was back out in the surf and got sucked out. I'm a fairly good swimmer but it took everything I could do just to get a few quick breaths between the crashing waves. I was moving out and down the short beach toward the rocks that surely would have torn me to pieces. I somehow regained my composure and tried to slow my heart rate down a bit. I'm not the best body surfer but I put myself in position to be tossed by the waves back toward the beach. After about 20 minutes of fighting...I was able to get back to the beach. I ended up with a few pictures, a good story and a valuable lesson.

I got my camera really close to a big dog with a big tongue that likes to lick things. That and kids with ice-cream cones and sticky fingers.

Mostly I let my friends do the stupid things. I have some neat video footage for a series we did called The Deaths of Nick.
Okay, so most of that was done by a home-made stunt double. I'm boring. :p

Risking my neck is OK but risking my camera?.....Never!

mrsid99 said:
Risking my neck is OK but risking my camera?.....Never!

LOL my thinking exactly. My film camera doesn't go on my little 'expeditions'......until I find my backpack 8)
My digital is pocketable, I don't worry about it when I'm sliding down a muddy gorge.
Those photos from the creek were dangerous but I've done stupider things for a photo. I like to climb things like waterfalls and go where I shouldn't be.

drlynn said:
My most dangerous pics are of my wife 1st thing in the morning. :lol:
Man that woman can punch!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That is funny!

Back some years, when I first took rock climbing I took a little cam with me (a Canon Elph) and tried a few shots looking down. I almost dropped the camera (I was secure on belay)!!! :shock:

From that point on I only took pictures looking up.
:wink:

I don't think I've ever really taken a risky pic, but you guys sure seemed to get stirred up over the hornet pics last fall. :lol:

Riding shotgun on our way up north for the day I see a great photo op but there isn't anyplace to pull over and I'm on the wrong side of the car. So I roll my window down, climb half way out ala 'Dukes of Hazzard' style, sit down and have the girlfriend hang onto my shirt while she's driving, (turns out you need both hands on the camera when you're hanging out a window at 60mph) and viola' a retard taking pictures :p

bwhighway_a.jpg

bwhighway_b.jpg

Thank you. I keep em' around because they make me smile when I see them. I don't see the picture really, they just remind me of the situation I was in when I took them and I laugh at myself everytime.

there were a lot of taxis in a "big" street and the light was red so they were "stoped" and I just stood in the middle of the street when another taxi came out of nowhere (Actually, other street, lol) and almost hit me, but I pushed the button in that exact time and I got another taxi in the photo, so its beautiful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back