What have I done!?

Becky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well about 4 days ago I bought my first film SLR.... already I've had two complete hoo ha's in the processing shop simply because nothing is ever processed on time and on the first occasion she let it slip she done it when the chemicals were running out... grrr. :x :x :x

Well anyway... I went to collect my films this morning when I'd been promised theyd be done by and of course no, they weren't... so I came to work in a foul mood only to be faced by nice shiny digital SLR's.... including the Canon 350D... which I have now bought! Erm... woops? and Yaaaay... at the same time!! :blushing: :mrgreen:

I think I have a spending problem :blushing:

Wow...that was a fast transition...can you take your film EOS back...or are you going to keep both?

One of the great things about digital is that you don't have to wait for the lab...or have someone else handle your precious photos.

goodness gracious, everyone is going out and buying all this stuff so quickly, i've been working all this summer and every penny of it is going to go to my first dSLR. that's not even including lenses :/

Tell me about it... I'm doing a seven day week at the minute!

I'll be returning the film SLR and getting a full refund on that.

Fast steps there. I'm sure you won't be disappointed when it's all said and done. :D

I know what that's like. I used to work for Circuit City and it took all I had to end up breaking even with my check because I always wanted everything I was selling.

Congrats on the new camera. I've been known to be a bit wishy-washy too. AND I HAVE A SPENDING PROBLEM TOO!! either way you've stuck with Canon so your tops in my book. happy shootin'!

hehe thanks.

In fact if anyone knows anyone who'd like to buy an as-new Canon 3000V let me know!

... and if any film users here would like to purchase a selection or some of the selection of films also let me know.

I've got about 40 Fujicolour Press for Professionals, 10 Fujichrome Provia 100F for Professionals (super fine grain), and I think 8 Kodak Portra Professional.... I'll do a good deal!

You will be very happy with the Dig Rebel (after you get over the sticker shot). I've taken something like 4800 shots in about 18 months with mine. More than paid for itself!!!

oh yeah... after getting my first film SLR my first two rolls of tri-x professional film were ruined by 2 different developing companies... how's that for luck.

Just try to remember that the shutter mechanism has a life too. After 10-30K of exposures it'll probably break.

Speaking of the shutter mech... how much do you reckon it'd cost to replace that?

Congrats on your new purchase! I just picked one up a couple of days ago too. It's an awesome camera - takes a little bit of tweaking and getting used to. But I love it now! And the battery lasts forever! That's probably the thing I love the most!

DocFrankenstein said:
Just try to remember that the shutter mechanism has a life too. After 10-30K of exposures it'll probably break.

I'd be willing to bump that up by around 10x... but yeah, I see what you're saying. :D

Meysha said:
Speaking of the shutter mech... how much do you reckon it'd cost to replace that?
200 bucks

I'd be willing to bump that up by around 10x... but yeah, I see what you're saying. :D
Hmm... to bump that by 10x you'd need to have a 1 series body. This isn't the case here.

Canon's rating on the rebel's shutter is 10K, so I'm not pulling numbers out of my ass.

BernieSC said:
dang becky you went crazy buying film didn't you? too bad you are in Ireland you have some pretty good film there. I would take it off your hands.

I didn't.... it was mostly given to me by a prof friend of a friend who's since told me they don't want it back even though I've changed camera and to sell it instead!

I can post it to anyone in the UK if they'd like to make an offer!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back