Lensmeister

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this EN
Website
www.lensmeister.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok as most of you have guessed I have a passion for football and I have the regular shots I must get to be published reguarly.

The main one for the summer is the team photo.

This one is of my own team in the North East. Whitby Town F.C. .... now they say never work with children and animals ...... football teams fall in to both of these categories ;)

wtfc2005-06.jpg

Tom Raw tries to poke the ball home
vs-mlb-nrsc-final.jpg

Tom Raw (left) and Scott Nicholson watch as another attempt goes wide.
vs-mlb-nrsc-final2.jpg

Finally you show us some of your other passion, which becomes obvious in your signature and avatar - but I can't remember having seen any sports pics by yourself ... but I am old and forgetful, never forget that! ;) :D :lol:

The team is the classic group pic, needs to be taken every year, as you say, but I like the action photos! This is a sport that "says" something to me when I see the photos - unlike baseball (I'm afraid)... or also cricket ;).

nice photos!! I'm considering taking my camera to old trafford on saturday... but still not sure whether to or not!! I took it to the cricket on thursday, and ended up missing half the action because i was faffing around and taking pics of other things..... dont you find you miss half the game or anyhting?

mfacer said:
nice photos!! I'm considering taking my camera to old trafford on saturday
To be honest I wouldn't bother ..... only the reason that 9 time outta 10 they won't allow a large camera into somewhere like that. If you want my advice then pop along to Trafford FC just up the line ... they are a nice little non league outfit and you can walk around the ground too. I have covered teams like West Ham and you tend to be placed in one partof the ground and end up watching a boring view.

mfacer said:
dont you find you miss half the game or anything?
I have done ... but the thing is to remeber is that you try to follow the ball for about 60% of the game ...20% watching the man off the ball and the possible places it could go ... 10% the crowd ... you gt some nice reactions of fans and 10% working out how to get feeling back in your fingers. :lmao:

My basic tip for photgraphing football is to get in line with one side of the 6 yard box, maybe a little outside. Set your apature priority to the widest (f2.8 on my 70-210 Sigma APO lens). Follow the game in the half of the pitch you are in .... forget trying to get a shot of someone at the far end scoring (unless you have a 600mm image stablization prime lens). Watch goal celebrations of both players and fans. Look for shots that will not just be action but can sum up a ground, the fans, the players, basically anything.

I have covered of 120 non league related games over the past 7 years. From Trafford, Hyde United, to West Ham and Wembley Stadium. And apart from one or two I have always managed to gete at least 3 - 10 workable shot out of a roll of 36 exposures.

lafoto said:
but I can't remember having seen any sports pics by yourself
I have been published mostly in a now defunct magazine called Team Talk, an annual publication for the English F.A. called The Non League Club Directory, and a few local Newspapers.
Nothing major as yet. but there is still time :cool: .........

Most reactions

Back