What I learned in SF

oriecat

work in progress
Reaction score
Website
www.moltenwords.net
Don't use Fuji color 120 in the Holga. The paper is too wide and bunches up, so it doesn't roll tight.

I suck at rolling film. First roll, the tape came off, the film is all on the uptake side, won't rewind. I can't take any pics with the camera until I can get to a dark place so I can open the back and remove the film and put it back in the canister. Was able to do it in the bathroom of our hotel room. Should be ok, maybe a scratch or two. :( So second roll, I decide, ok, since I am not sure how many exposures are on here, I will just stop at 20 so I can rewind it and make sure the tape doesn't do that again. Wandering the city, taking pics, glance down, **** I'm at 22, time to rewind. Won't work. :( I went to far and did it again. :cry: It's the middle of the day, we're downtown, I don't want to have to go back to the hotel now so I can get the film out so I can continue using my camera, but I don't want to not be able to take more pics. Totally pissed at myself for screwing this up again. Michael thought maybe we could find a restroom around here, I can stuff our jackets under the door to block the light, so I end up sitting on the floor of the women's bathroom at the Starbucks across the street so I can again reroll my film into the canister. :roll:

San Francisco is very hilly. It's very obvious that it's very hilly and yet we were driving this one crazy hill and they felt the need to post a sign that said "Hill". It was hilarious.

Cable cars are fun.

What a PITA!!! :x I'd be afraid to roll film, anyway, so you get props for making the attempt. Hopefully you will still snag some good images. But it makes for a good story, anyway! :wink:

I haven't been to SF in years...but I do remember the cable cars are fun. Glad you had a good time, chica!! :D

Oh I forgot to mention, that first roll of messed up hand rolled film, the tape came off while we were on Alcatraz, so I could only use my holga for the rest of the night. Grrr.

But all in all a great time and I really really hope I got a lot of good pics. I did a bunch of secret street photography trying to get interesting people, without using the viewfinder. I probably chopped all their heads off, or they are out of focus. But it was fun trying it. My bf would hear the shutter and say Did you just take a picture of that person? And I'd say I don't know what you're talking about. ;)

Oh yes... and even though all of the Muni transit maps show a place called the Ansel Adams Center for Photography, it doesn't actually exist anymore. :(

Last year - On a school excursion - we went to a water treatment station. (Let me tell you - you never want to visit one of them)... Anyway - On the way out - I noticed a bright fluro sign that said "Emergency Sign"... And that was it... No one else noticed until I told them... I am still waiting until we have to go back that way so i can take a photo... It was funny - but its very out of the way (and the place smells - and is government property)...

Most reactions

Back