What If ?

Would you call?

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
Thats why I m saying you take the call......you say yes!! I actually think its kinda hot....lol :sexywink: You can tell if hes a creep or not by the call. If he is, move on. I m a gambler ....lol

And completely inconsiderate to the person you're trying to ask out. There's nothing to start a relationship better than saying "honey, you'll always be less important than anything else."

Seriously, it isn't hard to come back later, excuse yourself and go to her privately, etc. If a person is too busy to do that, they are too busy to date anyway.

See this is what I don't understand. Is the insult the money... or the need to feel as though your worthy of being approached properly. Because I've seen more people settle for less and gave their number out to a complete stranger.:lol:

Does the insult have to be one or the other? Or can it be both?

Lets break it up.
1) If someone walking down the street hands you a card with a phone number on it, then moves off, does that impress you?
2) If someone approaches you properly (as properly as can be) and hands you cash while asking for a date, does that impress you?

Also, you're changing the situation now.

Yemme said:
It's just weird because If I met a guy and I say lets keep in touch ... it doesn't mean I'm trying to f*ck you.... or that I want to date you.

You never said you had met the person and wanted to keep in touch. This implies that there had been conversations, or at least small talk. Your original scenario seems to say that there was no prior conversation (other than ordering food) and the cash and phone number were out of the blue.

Lets break it up.
1) If someone walking down the street hands you a card with a phone number on it, then moves off, does that impress you?
2) If someone approaches you properly (as properly as can be) and hands you cash while asking for a date, does that impress you?

I'm not sure... It might depend on the situation. Some men expect to get laid after he buys a woman a drink. Honestly some men are that lucky. Should women be insulted by thinking they are just worth a drink.

You are a waiter ... you have conversed with the person in a sense. They are not just walking on past you in the street.

See the cash is where it gets tricky... Is it the sum amount... Would you the waiter not be deserving of it, you worked for your tip... The person might be free with cash. Would you be even be more insulted if the person left a regular tip with the note or would you consider calling because it was a small sum....

The possibilities are endless.

You never said you had met the person and wanted to keep in touch. This implies that there had been conversations, or at least small talk. Your original scenario seems to say that there was no prior conversation (other than ordering food) and the cash and phone number were out of the blue.

Everyone here is implying that this man has an agenda. To get with the waiter. No one here seems to think he is befriending her. That's what I mean when I say meeting someone and getting their contact information just to keep in touch.

Oh well

Lets break it up.

I'm not sure... It might depend on the situation. Some men expect to get laid after he buys a woman a drink. Honestly some men are that lucky. Should women be insulted by thinking they are just worth a drink.

The possibilities are endless.

Of course it depends on the situation. What if the person was Kate Beckensale/Brad Pitt? What if they smelled like liver and onions? What if they were wearing flannel pajama's and a cowboy hat? As you say, the possibilities are endless.

But you asked for definitive yes/no based on the very limited information in your original post - so the reader was left to take the 'common route', which would be a standard waiter/watress and patron relationship (which would be ordering food and that's about it, considering you paint him/her as a stranger). When you add things to the scenario after the fact, you're changing it.

Yemme said:
Everyone here is implying that this man has an agenda. To get with the waiter. No one here seems to think he is befriending her. That's what I mean when I say meeting someone and getting their contact information just to keep in touch.

As I said above, the way you wrote the scenario, "a customer" implies that it's just a random customer with no particular relationship with the waiter/waitress.

As for nobody thinking he is simply befriending her, that's because we live on Earth :lol: I think it would be extremely rare for a man to give a woman a large amount of money and his phone number, and only expect friendship.

By the way, I am taking this very seriously. Mostly, because I'm kind of bored. Sorry if I'm annoying you ;)

As I said above, the way you wrote the scenario, "a customer" implies that it's just a random customer with no particular relationship with the waiter/waitress.

As for nobody thinking he is simply befriending her, that's because we live on Earth :lol: I think it would be extremely rare for a man to give a woman a large amount of money and his phone number, and only expect friendship.

By the way, I am taking this very seriously. Mostly, because I'm kind of bored. Sorry if I'm annoying you ;)

You are not annoying me I live for this stuff. I enjoy finding out how other peoples minds work.

"You are a waiter/waitress and after serving a customer who's bill is a fairly large amount... gave you the equivalent as your tip. However, he/she says the extra is for you and leaves a business card with a note, call me sometime."

I had to read it over....

Normally you converse with a waiter... There is a conversation... (they aim to be nice to get a good tip...)

He says the extra is for you... (Normally they would ask is that it... do you need change)

The business card ..... Well many would just have jotted down a cell number.

Call me sometime... The person didn't say call me if your interested. It's an open invitaition to anything.

I guess it does depend on who the person is... People have their own perception in life. Some took it as flattering others as an insult. It's just interesting.

Nah, i wouldn't call a strange woman back if she told me to call her some time. Probably would be one of those weird photography people, that gets turned on by guys in 70's plaid suits.Then dresses me in one, takes a few pictures, knocks me out, and then wraps me in saran wrap and throws me in a dumpster. And then leaves another card taped to the saran wrap that says thanks, and a kiss mark.

If I was single and she was hot, hell yes I'd call! :D

If one or both of the above change, hell no! :D

Nah, i wouldn't call a strange woman back if she told me to call her some time. Probably would be one of those weird photography people, that gets turned on by guys in 70's plaid suits.Then dresses me in one, takes a few pictures, knocks me out, and then wraps me in saran wrap and throws me in a dumpster. And then leaves another card taped to the saran wrap that says thanks, and a kiss mark.

I didn't say for you to meet up... Just call....So your kidnapping would be your fault...:greenpbl:

:lol: The 70's wow... The picture part doesn't sound. The saran wrap... pretend your at a spa.:D

If I was single and she was hot, hell yes I'd call! :D

If one or both of the above change, hell no! :D

*shaking my head from left to right* :lol:

Im a waiter. something like that happened to me. I would just go to the kitchen, read what the card is for and throw it out, unless it would say, "call now and you get a 1200mm lens for free" lol. I would just be happy with the tip. so No I wouldnt call.

Jaszek, that is one hard job you have. I commend you. Being a waiter is just madness. Not even just a waiter... the chefs in the back. I could never do it.

So.... You'll do it for a 1200mm lens, Mmmmmm....:lol:

Its not that bad, at least I have an unlimited supply of Heinekens :D

:lol: Good one... I won't say anything.

Wow, that is a difficult one, especially if you are a waitress. It comes down the question of whether he is just a guy who is using a unique way to try and meet women or whether he is an aggressive predator with money to burn.
If you are the woman, safety is the issue, especially since you really know nothing about the guy.

skieur

Most reactions

Back