What inspires you?

Dubie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do you go out and just shoot "everything" or do you like to create a scene yourself?

I have always liked street photography but as I am learning and buying books, magazines etc...I really like photos that look like they were planned and set up. I guess you can be artistic regardless. I use to want to be a music video director as a teen because I loved the visual and having control of what I did. Of course the days of music video died in the 80's.

I prefer to shoot "everything". I will often leave with a theme in mind and try to accomplish that. But I have not tried to stage photos yet. Got some in mind for winter though

Depends. Sometimes I shoot away just to see what happens. Other times when I am in a practicing mood, and want to play in that manner, I set things up... often times I get quite elaborate, other times very simple.

Last week I played with a studio setup practicing with up to 4 off camera and 1 on camera flashes taking up the whole living room.

Tonight I took over a simple coffee table, stood up a binder near the edge, placed a dark towel over it all, made a mini-backdrop and played with my 30mm F/1.4 lens to get a feel for the various apertures and played with 2 off and on camera flashes and in camera EV compensation levels while photographing a ceramic statue and my usual prop, a small model Corvette.

I do the same thing when working to attain a goal, not just when playing or practicing. It depends on the mood and circumstances... but given the choice, I want to always set up the shoot in some small way... even if it is just an angle I want to get to, or a feeling I want to convey in a photograph.

I shoot for memories. All the place I've been, on projects I've done, on cultures I've met. I was so inspired with my grandpa, he's been on many places and he have albums on every place he've been. I love it and I want to have mine too. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back